Colts CB Rock Ya-Sin said being “physical” near the line of scrimmage are among his focuses this season.
“Be physical early, be physical in those first five yards,” said Ya-Sin, via Joel A. Erickson.
Regarding practicing against Colts QB Philip Rivers, Ya-Sin explained that it’s difficult to “fool” the veteran quarterback.
“You can’t really fool a guy who’s been playing for 16 years,” said Rivers, George Bremer.
- New Colts S Tavon Wilson decided to wait around to sign as a free agent because of the virus. Wilson explained that he wanted to make his decision later and always had his eye on Indianapolis. (Joel A. Erickson)
- The Colts tried out five players on Sunday including WR Dominique Dafney, RB Parker Houston, LB Christian Kuntz, LS Taybor Pepper and TE Jared Rice. (Albert Breer)
- Jaguars S Ronnie Harrison cleared the concussion protocol and returned to practice on Sunday. (Mark Long)
- Jaguars DT Taven Bryan is sidelined with a bone bruise in his left knee.
- Jaguars TE Charles Jones reverted to injured reserve after clearing waivers.
- Texans HC Bill O’Brien told reporters on Sunday that Buddy Howell is expected to be their No. 3 running back: “I’d say I think Buddy is right there right now. I think again, special teams comes into play there. Buddy is a different type of player, but a really good special teams player.” (Aaron Wilson)
- O’Brien mentioned that DE J.J. Watt is on a good schedule in terms of being ready for Week 1: “Yeah with J.J., it’s always good for us when he’s out at practice, no doubt about it. He’s on a schedule there to get him ready for the season and it’s just good that he’s out at practice.” (Aaron Wilson)
- The Texans were tossed out as a potential landing spot for veteran S Earl Thomas, who is being released by the Ravens.
- However, John McClain says the Texans have “zero interest” in Thomas.