Colts’ HC Frank Reich believes that LB Darius Leonard is one of the best defensive players in the NFL.
“He’s just a consummate playmaker,’’ Reich said, via Mike Chappel of Fox59.com. “He just has that knack. He is an emotional leader. I think those are the two things that stand out the most. His numbers and his playmaking ability has already established itself. He is going to make a few plays here and there that just nobody else makes.’’
- Per the Athletic’s Zak Keefer, Colts WR T.Y. Hilton thinks he’s “close” to a breakout performance that has eluded the 31-year-old veteran this year, which happens to be a contract year. Hilton added he’s not putting any extra pressure on himself because of that: “My work speaks for itself. If they want me back, they want me back.”
- The Indianapolis Colts are bringing in linebackers Chris Covington and Frankie Griffin for tryouts, according to Aaron Wilson.
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 8: TE Mo Alie-Cox (knee), C Ryan Kelly (knee)
- According to Adam Caplan, Jaguars QB Gardner Minshew will not need surgery to repair the multiple issues in his thumb on his throwing hand.
- Minshew initially suffered the injury in Week 5 against the Texans but has played through it for two weeks. He has multiple fractures and a strained ligament.
- Jaguars activated RB Chris Thompson from the COVID-19 list. (NFLTR)
- Jaguars released FB Bruce Miller. (NFLTR)
- Jaguars released K Aldrick Rosas from their practice squad.
- Titans activated practice squad TE Tommy Hudson from the COVID-19 list.
- OUT for Week 8: S Dane Cruikshank (groin), CB Kristian Fulton (knee)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 8: C Daniel Munyer (hand), CB Tye Smith (shoulder)