“I think he’s gotten more comfortable with the whole process and with his personnel, the guys he’s throwing to, what we are trying to do,” Reich said, via Kevin Bowen of 1075TheFan.
Reich said he was glad that WR T.Y. Hilton was able to eclipse the 100-yard mark for the first time since 2018.
“I’m not going to lie, it did feel good and it’s the way it should be,” Reich said. “It’s not going to be that way every game, but he’s our leader in that position and one of the emotional leaders on this team. He has a presence about him and a confidence about him that the team feeds off.”
Despite Hilton not being productive as in previous years, Reich pointed out that the veteran receiver is still a team-leader.
“The thing I really want people to know is that while he’s a superstar player, as this year has gone on and as his numbers have not been huge, the way he’s approached practices, the way he’s approached meetings, how he’s celebrated his teammates success, even when he wasn’t getting the ball, I tell you it was first rate in every way.”
- Reich mentioned that he has not had any recent discussions with former QB Andrew Luck: “I have not had any recent discussions with Andrew (Luck). We occasionally text just hello. I’ve gotten one or two congratulations on a game here or there along the way or just checking in, but yeah, still good friends.” (Ed Werder)
- Reich said LT Anthony Castonzo (knee) is questionable for Week 14 and they will determine his availability on Saturday: “Limited yesterday and today, made progress each day, we’ll have to see how he comes out tomorrow morning. He’ll be questionable for the game, but has taken good steps.” (Joel Erickson)
- Reich believes P Rigoberto Sanchez has a chance to return this season after undergoing surgery to remove a malignant tumor in his leg. (Kevin Bowen)
Texans’ interim HC Romeo Crennel said practice squad WR Chad Hansen would be promoted in time for Week 14.
“Sure, it worked out pretty well last week,” said Crennel, via Aaron Reiss.
- Crennel added that Texans’ practice squad WR Steven Mitchell will “probably” be promoted as well.
- Crennel said Texans RB David Johnson may not travel with the team for Sunday’s game due to a personal issue that caused him to miss practice this week. (Adam Schefter)
- Crennel elaborated that they will see whether Johnson shows up to Friday’s practice, but he must “take care” of a personal problem: “He’s dealing with a personal issue. He has to take care of that. We’ll see how he does with that. See whether he’s here today or not, but that’s the reason.” (Mark Berman)
- The Houston Texans are bringing in Lake Erie LS Anthony Kukwa for a visit this week, according to Aaron Wilson.
- Wilson also notes that Texans’ RB Duke Johnson is listed on the injury report with an illness that is unrelated to COVID-19.
- Texans’ C Nick Martin is still recovering after his botched snap ruined the team’s chances of a comeback victory over the Colts: “I let the team down, the organization down, the city of Houston down.” (Aaron Wilson)
In what has been the toughest year of his life in many ways, Titans WR Corey Davis has shone brighter on the field than at any time in his professional career. Tennessee declined the former No. 5 overall pick’s fifth-year option this summer and his 27-year-old older brother passed away from cancer in November. But Davis, with 53 catches for 801 yards and four touchdowns, is on pace for his best year ever despite all that adversity.
“He’s done an unbelievable job of being able to reconcile with what has happened to him and somehow compartmentalize and be able to focus on the job at hand,” Titans WR coach Rob Moore said via ESPN’s Turron Davenport. “He’s shown a lot of maturity and I’ve really seen a lot of growth in him this year in terms of being able to handle some tough situations.”
- Per Titans Insider’s Terry McCormick, Titans HC Mike Vrabel says they’ll continue to ease CB Adoree’ Jackson in and see how he responded after returning to practice this week.
- Titans HC Mike Vrabel said DL Teair Tart‘s one-game suspension will be upheld after losing his appeal and will subsequently miss Week 14. (Jim Wyatt)
- Titans CB Breon Borders (hip) was also ruled out from Sunday’s game. (Wyatt)
- Titans TE Jonnu Smith (knee) said he “feels great” and that missing Week 13 helped his recovery. (Turron Davenport)