- According to Barry Jackson, the Dolphins are looking for a starting right tackle to play opposite Laremy Tunsil and for additional depth.
- Jackson notes that veteran OT Sam Young is still a free agent.
- The Dolphins will host Standford WR Trenton Irwin for pre-draft a visit.
- Hays Carlyon writes that the “odds are low” that Jalen Ramsey will be in attendance for the start of the Jaguars’ voluntary workouts.
- The Jaguars are working out former AAF QB Brandon Silvers next week. (Adam Schefter)
- Damond Talbot reports that the Jaguars are hosting former AAF OL Jacob Ohnesorge for a pre-draft visit next week.
Interestingly enough WR Ryan Grant says he’s “thankful” for how the situation played out with the Ravens last year after they agreed to a four-year, $29 million deal before Baltimore failed him on a physical.
“I think it was a blessing in disguise,” Grant said during an interview with Sirius XM NFL Radio. “I feel like, had I signed with the Ravens, they probably would have, you know, did some other shady stuff to get me traded or released or something like this. So I’m thankful that they did what they did. No hard feelings towards the organization over there in Baltimore.”
Grant says he was honest with the team about his ankle and there’s nothing wrong with it.
“It stings a little bit now and it always will,” Grant said. “When I went to Baltimore for the physical, I was honest with the physicians. I told them, ‘You know, I sprained my ankle, I didn’t miss any time. And for whatever reason, they say that I failed the physical.
“They were like, ‘Oh, there’s something there.’ But, in reality, nothing was wrong with my ankle. It was a minor ankle sprain and it was something that they didn’t want to move forward with that I believe.”