- Dolphins HC Brian Flores believes Tua Tagovailoa‘s comments about not fully grasping their playbook last year is a reflection of his progress: “Makes sense. He’s thinking where he is right now. That’s good. This time is about reflection, where you were now to six months ago. He has improved in a lot of areas.” (Michael Giardi)
- Ralph Vacchiano of SNY.tv reports that the Jets are trying to get WR Jamison Crowder to take a “significant” pay cut from his $10 million salary instead of outright cutting him from the team.
- Vacchiano points out that the team has already drafted his replacement in WR Elijah Moore, who could wind up taking more than half of Crowder’s snaps this season.
- While the Jets have $26.5 million in cap space, they likely don’t plan on paying Crowder $10 million to sit on the bench. Yet Vacchiano adds that the team still prefers not to cut him even though he has no guaranteed money left on his contract.
- Patriots HC Bill Belichick said first-round QB Mac Jones has a “pretty good understanding” of their system: “Mac has a pretty good understanding of what we’re trying to do…it’s a process.” (Michael Giardi)
- Belichick added that Jones is “giving his very best effort” and has already “earned a lot of respect” around the team.
- However, Belichick said Jones “has a long way to go.”
- Mike Reiss mentions that Patriots QB Cam Newton left practice after his hand collided with a soft pad which was tossed at him during individual drills.
- Karen Guregian reports that Newton did not break anything in his throwing hand but New England plans on doing further tests.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!