- According to NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport, Jaguars CB Jalen Ramsey saw a back specialist on Sunday. The team doesn’t think there are any structural issues in his back, though Ramsey is still experiencing pain.
- The team remains committed to not trading Ramsey.
- ESPN’s Rich Cimini writes the Jets are unlikely to be suitors for Vikings WR Stefon Diggs even if he’s available for trade because Minnesota would ask for at least a first-round pick in return and New York is trending toward a top-ten draft pick.
This left Luke Falk with only one full day of practice before today’s game.
- Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reports that the Jets in the mix to trade for OLB Khalil Mack last year, but the Raiders believed the Bears would end up having the higher pick.
- Per ESPN’s Mike Reiss, Patriots S Patrick Chung says fifth-round rookie P Jake Bailey has continued to impress after beating out veteran Ryan Allen for the starting job: “He’s been really valuable. He’s been booming the ball, putting it in the perfect spot, giving us good field position. For a young guy, he’s very mature, very professional. Hopefully he can keep it up.”
- Reiss says Patriots K Stephen Gostkowski is on shaky ground with the Patriots following his injury, as the 35-year-old’s base salary jumps to $3.5 million next season.
- Reiss expects the Patriots to seriously look at kickers in the 2020 draft.
- Reiss mentions the Patriots considered taking Redskins WR Terry McLaurin three picks before Washington did before ultimately trading down in the third round.
- Doug Kyed reports that early indications are that Patriots WR Phillip Dorsett is okay after suffering a hamstring injury.