Jaguars LB Telvin Smith posted an Instagram story on Saturday in which he says he’s been irritated by the criticism he’s received from people after announcing his plans to step away from football.
“Why is it so crazy I want to step away from the game?” Smith said, via ESPN.com. “Y’all just chill. Everything’s solid, you feel me? Stop going crazy. It’s getting aggravating. You feel me? Football ain’t everything. Y’all better wake the f— up.”
Steelers first-round LB Devin Bush has been assertive as a leader during the team’s rookie minicamp.
“I just wanted to be vocal the best I could and trust what I see, whether I was right or wrong,” Bush said, via Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “I know concepts already, I just got to learn the language — different things they call, different things they speak. I just got to get familiar with the playbook, get familiar with the language and get confident in my playcalling.”
- Jim Wyatt of the team’s official site writes that DE Jurrell Casey (knee) “feels good” and there are “no concerns” about him possibly missing OTAs. Although, Wyatt does expect the Titans to be “careful” with Casey moving forward.
- Regarding the possibility of the Titans moving on from Casey, Wyatt says he is a “cornerstone of the franchise” and worth holding onto.
- Wyatt reports that there is been “no internal buzz” about signing veteran free agent DL Ndamukong Suh.
- Regarding undrafted RB Derick Roberson, Wyatt writes that he has heard “good things” about the rookie in practice and is in “good position” to compete for a roster spot.
- According to Turron Davenport, Titans’ first-round DL Jeffery Simmons (knee) did not attend the team’s first rookie minicamp practice.
- Titans HC Mike Vrabel said there is “no rush” in Simmons returning given he is still rehabbing from injury. (Turron Davenport)
- Vrabel added that Simmons is lifting and spending time in team meetings.