- Per Pro Football Talk, the Jaguars listed UDFA RB James Robinson as the No. 1 back on their first depth chart of the season.
- The Jaguars brought in DT Daniel Ekuale, CB Sidney Jones, and WR Trey Quinn for visits. All three are now on the practice squad. (Aaron Wilson)
- Jacksonville protected the following practice squad players from signing with another team: RB Nathan Cottrell, TE Ben Ellefson, TE Matt Flanagan and CB Sidney Jones. (Tad Dickman)
- Per Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle, Texans HC Bill O’Brien said QB Alex McGough is still an option for the third quarterback spot and a berth on the practice squad but since the team is playing Thursday they’re not rushing their decision: “Alex is definitely on that list. We’ve had great experiences with Alex. He’s a really hard-working guy. We’ll see what happens here after the game.”
After 14 years with the Patriots, Titans K Stephen Gostkowski is joining a new team for the first time since entering the league as a rookie. For Gostkowski, there’s a lot about coming back to Tennessee that reminds him of being a rookie in the NFL out of Memphis, except for his new teammates reminding him that he’s 36 instead of 22.
“It feels weird, but it is also kind of a cool feeling — fresh start, start over. I feel like a rookie again,” Gostkowski said via Jim Wyatt of the team’s website. “I have to meet everybody, I have to find out where I fit on this team. I have to prove myself to this team. Whatever I have done or haven’t done in the past really doesn’t mean anything for this team. Maybe some of the young guys say: ‘I used to play with you on Madden’, but other that that. I am excited to go out there and have to prove myself to these guys, and prove that I am worthy to be a Titan.”
- Gostkowski’s deal can be worth up to $2.75 million and includes a $500,000 signing bonus, $2 million base salary and up to $250,000 in per-game roster bonuses. (Ben Volin)
- The Titans brought in former Chargers LB Malik Jefferson and former Baylor DB Chris Miller for visits on Monday. (Aaron Wilson)