- Based on conversations with people around the NFL, Rich Cimini believes the Jets’ top three quarterback prospects are Sam Darnold, Josh Allen and Josh Rosen, in no particular order.
- According to Cimini, the “early sense” is that the Jets don’t view Baker Mayfield as being in the upper-echelon category.
- When asked about the decision to sign former Cardinals DB Tyrann Mathieu, Texans GM Brian Gaine said he is confident their defense will return to its prior form: “We thank players for accepting our vision of what we want to accomplish. We’re confident that with the return of our pass rush, we’ll improve our coverage and help our defense get back to where it was in 2015 and 2016.” (John McClain)
- Texans HC Bill O’Brien added that the team values Mathieu’s defensive versatility: “He’s a great competitor and very versatile. That’s what attracted us to him. When you watch him play and get to know him a little, it’s obvious how much he loves football. He has a real passion for the game. That was one of the things that stood out to me.” (John McClain)
- Jim Wyatt of the Titans’ official site does not expect the team to trade up in this year’s draft for a top defensive player like NC State DE Bradley Chubb, Virginia Tech LB Tramaine Edmunds or Alabama DB Minkah Fitzpatrick.
- Wyatt writes that 2016 seventh-round LB Aaron Wallace is recovering well from back surgery and is “in the mix” for a solid role next season.
- Regarding the buzz that Tennessee could be an option for WR Jarvis Landry, Wyatt does not think the Titans were ever interested in trading him, given that GM Jon Robinson does not like parting with draft picks and the team is comfortable at receiver.
- Jason Wolf mentions that the Titans still need to sign a backup quarterback after releasing Matt Cassel.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!