- Colts QB Jacoby Brissett‘s two-year, $30 million deal includes an $11 million signing bonus, $2 million of his 2019 salary guaranteed and $2 million through per-game roster bonuses and another $32,500 in workout bonuses. (Dan Graziano)
- Brissett can also earn another $7 million guaranteed as a 2020 roster bonus.
- Colts released RB Quinton Flowers from their practice squad. (NFLTR)
- Colts signed OT Tyree St. Louis to their practice squad.
“I definitely want to keep those guys, man,” Jack said, via James Palmer of NFL Media. “Yannick, those numbers speak for themselves. That price tag on his head is sky high. And obviously, [Jalen Ramsey] is going to be something else. I really hope that somehow we can keep all of us because we came in together, and I would love to leave with everybody.”
Jaguars HC Doug Marrone praised how Jack has never missed a practice, games, and felt he deserved to be rewarded.
“I don’t know if he’s ever missed a practice, ever missed any games or done anything of that nature except try to be the best player he can be and that player is rewarded,” said Marrone.
“I’m just trying to get him acclimated and compare things back to when we were in Cleveland,” Johnson said, via Sarah Barshop of ESPN. “Plays we had, calls we had, just trying to put them on the same level.”
Johnson believes Hyde will be able to pick up the Texans’ terminology.
“But Carlos is a professional, and he’s a smart player. A lot of things that he’s doing now, he can do it in his sleep. It’s just different terminology, but it’s the same thing.”
Hyde called the Browns’ and Texans’ systems “two different offenses” but feels that he is quickly learning.
“It’s like two different offenses, but I’ve been doing pretty good though, picking things up,” Hyde said. “Good thing that the offense is not too crazy here. It’s been easy for me to learn and catch on pretty quick.”
- The Texans officially WR Keke Coutee (ankle), T Tytus Howard (finger), C Greg Mancz (ankle) as questionable for Week 1.