“I know he’s working through that decision,” Reich said, via Joel A. Erickson of the Indianapolis Star. “Hopefully there will be some news before too long. We’ll see how that plays out.”
- Anthony Treash of Pro Football Focus lists Patriots QB Tom Brady as a potential free-agent target for the Colts.
- Anthony Treash of Pro Football Focus lists Lions G Graham Glasgow as a potential free-agent target for the Jaguars.
- Jaguars GM Dave Caldwell is hopeful to get an extension done with DE Yannick Ngakoue “relatively easily,” it’s not clear if Ngakoue feels the same way.
- Ngakoue had a few cryptic tweets, saying “Don’t believe everything you hear.” and “Free.” He has previously said he won’t play under the franchise tag. (Twitter)
- Jaguars DE Calais Campbell has been speculated as a potential cap cut this offseason due to his age and potential $15 million cap savings. Caldwell said the team is discussing his role going forward: “We still feel like he has football left ahead of him.” (John Oehser)
“I’m really excited about it, I think he’s going to do a great job. His attention to detail is really something that has caught my eye, whether it be the stunts or technique. For him to be preaching to the whole defensive room, I think it could be huge for us,” said Scarlett, via Mark Berman
- According to Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle, Texans S Justin Reid played through the entire 2019 season with a torn labrum in his shoulder and will have surgery to correct the issue.
- Anthony Treash of Pro Football Focus lists Rams CB Troy Hill as a potential free-agent target for the Texans.
The Titans and rookie WR A.J. Brown had a successful year by most accounts. Tennessee made the playoffs and finished 9-7 for the fourth straight year, going all the way to the AFC Championship game. Brown had one of the better rookie seasons ever with 52 catches for 1,051 yards and eight touchdowns. But both wanted more: 1,500 yards and 15 touchdowns for Brown, a Super Bowl for the Titans.
“I fell short of my goals, but that’s the good thing about it,” Brown said via Jim Wyatt of the team website. “I am blessed to be able to come back next year and try again and set higher goals. I am going to set higher goals and go to work. And as a team, we want more.”