“I don’t know if they’re going to be ready for the season,” Marrone said, via Pro Football Talk. “They’re working hard, the trainers are working hard, everyone’s working hard, but we just can’t get them over the hump, so we’ve got to start preparing to play without them.”
- In his projection of the Jaguars’ 53-man roster, Phillip Heilman of The Athletic expects the team to make some notable cuts, including veteran RBs Thomas Rawls and backup QBs Tanner Lee and Alex McGough.
- Defensively, Heilman has the Jaguars moving on from DL Dawuane Smoot, LB D.J. Alexander, CB Breon Borders, and S Josh Robinson.
- Texans HC Bill O’Brien said of newly acquired RB Duke Johnson: “We have a vision for how we want to use him. We’re excited about it. We have to get him rehabbed. We just have to get him out on the field and start seeing the vision we have for him.” (Aaron Wilson)
- Jim Wyatt of the Titans’ official site notes that RB Derrick Henry (calf) has not practiced since the first day of training camp and HC Mike Vrabel has not provided an update on his possible return.
- Wyatt points out that the Titans do not intend on rushing Henry back.
- As for Titans WR Cameron Batson being on injured reserve, Wyatt writes that Batson could be activated at some point during the season. However, Wyatt believes that Batson coming off the IR ultimately depends on which Titans’ players get hurt and what positions become priorities to address at that time.
- With Titans OT Taylor Lewan‘s four-game suspension, Wyatt expects the team’s starting offensive line to be as follows: LT Dennis Kelly, RG Rodger Saffold, C Ben Jones, RG Kevin Pamphile, RT Jack Conklin.