- Broncos veteran DT Domata Peko said he’d like to stay in Denver: “I was coming here to win and not getting that done — I want to win here and I want to get back to winning. … I feel like I can play at a high level here still.” (Nicki Jhabvala)
- Broncos placed RB Phillip Lindsay and WR Andre Holmes on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Broncos signed OLB Aaron Wallace and CB Horace Richardson.
Chargers TE Antonio Gates says he feels like he can still play in the, despite being among the oldest players in the NFL.
“I try to evaluate myself. I can still beat a linebacker, I feel like I can still play,” Gates said, via NFL.com. “The hard part is I set the bar at a certain level, but I’ve adjusted to my role and I just love my teammates, I love this staff. I’ve learned some new dances. I’m just having so much fun.
“It’s just beautiful to know that we’re also going to the playoffs already. It’s not like we have to win our last game to get in. We know we are going and this is a special team. At times in my career I took all this for granted. When I came in we were winning. I know now this takes work. I’m on third base and I’m heading home but I’m feeling so good about all this.”
- Chiefs RB Damien Williams said it wasn’t a difficult decision for him to accept the contract extension in part because of the opportunity to continue playing with Patrick Mahomes: “You don’t get to play with another guy like Pat (for another team). He’s great in everything he does and everyone around him: Tyreek (Hill), the offensive line, just everybody. It makes it great being here because you can have fun.’’ (Adam Teicher)
- The Kansas City Chiefs officially ruled out WR Sammy Watkins (foot) for Week 17 and list S Eric Berry (heel), CB Kendall Fuller (thumb), RB Spencer Ware (hamstring), and RB Darrel Williams (hamstring) as questionable.
- The Raiders recently paid out 2019 roster bonuses to Jordy Nelson, Tahir Whitehead, Kyle Wilber and Lee Smith. (NFLTR)
- Raiders HC Jon Gruden admitted that this is a good indication that they will be back in 2019: “Normally, when you hand out a bonus for next year’s season, there’s a pretty good chance those guys are coming back.” (Michael Gehlken)
- The Oakland Raiders officially ruled out CB Montrel Meander (quadricep) for Week 17 and list CB Gareon Conley (concussion) and DT Maurice Hurst (ankle) as questionable.
- Raiders signed DB Makinton Dorleant to the practice squad. (NFLTR)