- According to Mike Klis, the Broncos are re-signing LB Keishawn Bierria to their 53-man roster on Sunday.
- Broncos sixth-round WR Juwann Winfree was fined $28,075 for a hit in the preseason against the Rams, per Mike Klis. Klis added Winfree will likely appeal the ruling.
- Terez A. Paylor reports that LeSean McCoy received an offer from the Chargers but elected to sign with the Chiefs because of his familiarity with HC Andy Reid and the front office instead.
- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer believes Chargers RB Melvin Gordon will have a hard time finding a team that wants to take on his contract demands and pay the Chargers a premium pick.
- Chargers officially signed nine players to their practice squad. (NFLTR)
Chiefs GM Brett Veach praised sixth-round RB Darwin Thompson‘s ability to quickly learn their offense and said he has moved up the depth chart.
“We knew he’d be a guy… that we were going to have on the roster,’’ Veach said, via Adam Teicher of ESPN. “But I think his ability to kind of just grasp so quickly and move up the depth chart was certainly a pleasant surprise.’’
- The Raiders released veteran DL Josh Mauro on Sunday. (NFLTR)
- However, Greg Auman reports that this was just a procedural move from the Raiders and they will be re-signing Mauro in the coming days.