New Broncos HC Vic Fangio mentioned recently hired OC Rich Scangarello has “worked wonders” with the quarterbacks he had in San Francisco.
“He worked wonders with all the QBs who started for San Francisco during the previous two years as quarterbacks coach. With his background and knowledge, it’s the perfect time for Rich to be an offensive coordinator in the NFL,” said Fangio, via Matt Maiocco.
- According to Ian Rapoport, the Broncos have hired former Falcons TEs coach Wade Harman as their new TEs coach.
- Nicki Jhabavala reports that Broncos WRs coach Zach Azzanni and RBs coach Curtis Modkins are both expected to return for the 2019 season.
- Mike Klis reports that the Broncos have hired Renaldo Hill as their new DBs coach.
Chiefs G Laurent Duvernay-Tardif admitted that he isn’t sure if he’ll return to the starting lineup now that the team has activated him from injured reserve.
“To be honest, I think right now we’re just going to go out there and practice,” he said, via Lynn Worthy of the Kansas City Star. “We’re going to leave it up to coach to decide who is the best five at this moment in order to go out there and compete against the Patriots.”
- Chiefs S Eric Berry (heel) was a full participant in Wednesday’s practice and is expected to play in Sunday’s AFC Championship Game. (Jeremy Bergman)
- On Thursday, Berry was seen working with the first-team defense. (Brooke Pryor)
- Albert Breer guesses that the Raiders will be playing at one of the stadiums in the Bay Area for the 2019 season whether it’s at Cal, the Giants’ ballpark or sharing Levi’s Stadium with the 49ers.