- James Palmer of NFL Media reports that Broncos free agent S Will Parks has a “pretty good market” developing for him this offseason.
- Palmer notes that Parks is a versatile player and someone the Broncos value. However, with Denver likely to franchise S Justin Simmons, there may not be room for him to return.
- According to James Palmer, the Chiefs are likely to use the franchise tag on DL Chris Jones.
- The team also has two cornerbacks in Bashaud Breeland and Kendall Fuller who are set to become free agents. Of the two players, Palmer notes that Fuller is more likely to return to Kansas City, given his ability to be versatile and play the safety position.
- Palmer believes the team may look to find a veteran cornerback at a discounted price, or look to the draft in order to find a replacement.
- Palmer also notes that GM Brett Veach is not afraid to make a trade, and may do so to find a replacement for a departing free agent.
- While Vic Tafur of The Athletic does not expect Broncos S Justin Simmons to reach free agency, he believes the Raiders “would jump” for him on the open market.
- As for the Raiders’ linebacking core, Tafur expects the team to hold onto LB Marquel Lee. However, he could see Las Vegas releasing Tahir Whitehead to free up $6.25 million in cap space.
- Tafur mentions that the Raiders could “kick the tires” on Rams’ impending free-agent LB Cory Littleton but is unsure if he is in their price range.
- Tafur names Bears’ veteran LB Danny Trevathan and Bengals LB Nick Vigil as two players who could fit the Raiders’ system.
- Regarding linebacker prospects in the 2020 NFL Draft, Tafur mentions LSU’s Patrick Queen, Oklahoma’s Kenneth Murray, Wisconsin’s Zack Baun, and Appalachian State’s Akeem Davis-Gaither as players to keep an eye on.
- Tafur also lists Michigan State’s Joe Bachie, Oregon’s Troy Dye, Ohio State’s Malik Harrison, and Wyoming’s Logan Wilson as potential late-round picks.