- Sources have told Tony Pauline of PhiladelphiaEagles.com that there’s currently a “50/50 split” leaguewide as to where USC’s Su’a Cravens will line-up in the NFL.
- Half of the teams reportedly view him as an outside linebacker while the others believe he’ll remain at safety.
- Sources have told Pauline that Cravens compares favorably to Cardinals Deone Bucannon, who plays a hybrid safety/linebacker position.
- In the end, Pauline expects Cravens to be in play to come off the board in late round one.
- According to Tony Pauline, opinions on where Clemson DE Kevin Dodd ends up are “wide and varied.“
- Source have told Pauline that Dodd could end up being a potential top 10 pick while others have said he could be an early second-round selection.
- Some of the concerns regarding Dodd, according to Pauline, are that some teams have been unimpressed by his body of work, including just 21 tackles prior to the 2015 season. Beyond that, there are concerns he will need a bit of work before he’s NFL ready.
- Other teams view Dodd as an early first-round pick who could end up being one of the better defensive front seven players from this year’s draft.
- Jeremy Fowler of ESPN conducted an informal poll of league evaluators regarding this year’s cornerback class.
- According to Fowler’s sources, Florida State’s Jalen Ramsey, Florida’s Vernon Hargreaves and Ohio State’s Eli Apple are a cut above the rest.
- Here’s how the cornerbacks were rated by Fowler’s sources: Jalen Ramsey (34 points), Vernon Hargreaves (27 points), Eli Apple (18 points), William Jackson III (8 points), Artie Burns (7 points), Kendall Fuller (6 points), Mackensie Alexander (4 points), Xavien Howard (2 points) and Cyrus Jones (1 point).
- Tony Pauline of PhiladelphiaEagles.com reports that the Cowboys are one of four teams to inquire about the Titans’ No. 1 overall pick.
- According to Pauline, the Cowboys do have North Dakota State QB Carson Wentz rated as one of the best players in this year’s class, but they have had FSU DB Jalen Ramsey as the top player on their board for over two months.
- Pauline believes the only way for the Cowboys to come away with Ramsey is jump ahead of the Browns and Chargers.
- While there has been talk of the Cowboy’ interest in Ramsey, Mike Fisher reports that the the Cowboys have yet to set their draft board.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!