- According to Tony Pauline, Washington DT Vita Vea could end up being a top-10 pick on Thursday.
- Pauline says that the Buccaneers were “very hot” on Vea in the early part of the draft process and the Raiders have been showing late interest in him.
- Tony Pauline writes that the Cowboys consider SMU WR Courtland Sutton a second-round target.
- Another big-bodied receiver to watch for the Cowboys, according to Pauline, is Oklahoma State’s Marcell Ateman.
- For what it’s worth, Mike Mayock projected the Cowboys to take Sutton at No. 19 overall in his mock draft Wednesday night.
- Sources tell Tony Pauline that the player to watch for the Falcons is Alabama DT Da’Ron Payne.
- While many have pegged Florida’s Taven Bryan as a potential option for Atlanta, Pauline says that the Falcons feel like Payne is much stouter at the point than Bryan.
- If the Falcons want to ensure they come away from round one with Payne, Pauline believes they’ll likely have to consider trading up with the Seahawks and Ravens being two potential trade partners.
- Multiple sources tell Ben Standig of TheSportsCapitol.com that the most realistic options for the Reskins at No. 13 overall are Minkah Fitzpatrick and Derwin James if available.
- Interestingly enough, Standig’s sources have said that Washington prefers Da’Ron Payne to Vita Vea at defensive tackle.
- As for LSU RB Derrius Guice, sources have told Standig that he won’t be an option for the Redskins at No. 13 overall and could fall out of round one altogether.