- Cowboys G Zack Martin said he’s hopeful to play in Sunday’s game against the Buccaneers: “I had a good couple of days, especially today.” (Calvin Watkins)
- The Dallas Cowboys officially ruled out DE David Irving (ankle) and TE Geoff Swaim (wrist) for Week 16 and list WR Tavon Austin (groin), CB Anthony Brown (hand, back), LB Sean Lee (hamstring), and G Zack Martin (knee) as questionable.
“I can stand here and say that Carson is our quarterback,” Pederson said, via Pro Football Talk. “He’s our quarterback in the future. That’s why we drafted him. It’s also why we have Nick here as a backup, as a veteran player to — I don’t want to say bail us out, but to come in and execute the offense. I think we just continue to reconfirm that with Carson and let him know that. Continue to say, ‘Hey, listen you’re going to be here for a long time, have a long career.’ We just have to commit to that and communicate that to him and let that kind of sink in.”
- Jimmy Kempski of Philly Voice doesn’t think the Eagles should have interest in trading for Jaguars CB Jalen Ramsey, who could reportedly be available next year. Kempski points out that any team trading for Ramsey will need to sign him to a long-term extension and the Eagles are projected to be tight against the cap.
- Eagles WR Alshon Jeffery told reporters that he’s still recovering from the illness that has kept him out the past two practices, but he expects to play in Week 16. (Zach Berman)
- Vikings DE Ifeadi Odenigbo said Friday that the Eagles were coming after him hard to sign to their active roster. (Chris Tomasson)
- The Philadelphia Eagles officially ruled out CB Sidney Jones (hamstring), G Isaac Seumalo (pectoral), and QB Carson Wentz (back) for Week 16 and list LB D.J. Alexander (hamstring), DE Michael Bennett (foot), DT Timmy Jernigan (back), and CB Cre’von LeBlanc (hamstring) as questionable.