- Per ESPN’s Todd Archer, Cowboys HC Jason Garrett said LB Leighton Vander Esch did not have any more tests on his neck and still won’t be placed on injured reserve, but he will remain out of practice Wednesday.
- Garrett did add they feel like Vander Esch is making progress, but is just not ready to return quite yet.
- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer writes in addition to the usual candidates, he could see Baylor HC Matt Rhule or Florida HC Dan Mullen drawing interest from the Cowboys for head coach.
- Garrett essentially said the team ran out of patience for former K Brett Maher, leading to their decision to replace him with K Kai Forbath: “We just felt like we needed to make a change at kicker. We simply missed too many makable kicks.” (Jon Machota)
- Spotrac’s Michael Ginnitti identifies Cowboys DT Tyrone Crawford as a potential cap casualty this offseason.
- Per Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer, Eagles WR Nelson Agholor said he hurt his knee all the way back in Week 6 against the Vikings and it’s finally caught up to him.
- Spotrac’s Michael Ginnitti notes the Eagles can save $4.4 million in cap space by releasing LB Nigel Bradham, who’s set to count $9.7 million against the cap in 2020.
- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer writes that he would put Baylor HC Matt Rhule at the top of the list for the Giants’ potential head coaching vacancy, with Cowboys HC Jason Garrett another strong contender.
- Given their trade for him at the deadline, Spotrac’s Michael Ginnitti says the Giants are likely to extend DL Leonard Williams this offseason.
- To free up space, Ginnitti expects New York to try to trade or release LB Alec Ogletree to clear $8.25 million.
- Per Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News, Giants HC Pat Shurmur said it will be exclusively his decision on who starts at quarterback between first-round rookie Daniel Jones and Eli Manning if Jones is healthy enough to play.
- According to Ralph Vacchiano, sources expect Manning to get the start.
- Shurmur mentioned Giants G Kevin Zeitler has a sprained ankle, not a broken ankle. (Leonard)
- Giants P Riley Dixon‘s three-year extension includes $3.05 million guaranteed with a $500000 signing bonus. (Dan Duggan)
- In 2020, Dixon will make an $850,000 salary with a $1.7 million roster bonus. Dixon’s base salary in 2021 is $2.75 million and drops to $2.5 million in 2022 with a $250,000 roster bonus.
- Dixon has $50,000 workout bonuses in all three years of the deal.
- Former Redskins CB DeAngelo Hall tells JP Finlay of NBC Sports he would love to work in Washington’s front office: “I’ve always wanted to be a part of this front office and help make the Redskins a dominant team again.”
- Washington is rumored to be evaluating team president Bruce Allen‘s role with the organization. While Hall would not be experienced enough to step in as general manager, Finlay points out he has good relationships with a number of players, including LT Trent Williams.
- Spotrac’s Michael Ginnitti identifies G Brandon Scherff as the top extension candidate for the Redskins and expects Scherff to reset the market for interior offensive linemen north of $16 million per season.
- Ginnitti lists Redskins CB Josh Norman, TE Jordan Reed, WR Paul Richardson and Williams as trade or cut candidates.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!