Home Cowboys NFC East Notes: Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, Redskins
- Jay Glazer expects Cowboys franchise DE DeMarcus Lawrence to remain in Dallas for “a long time” and he doesn’t see the Cowboys letting him walk.
- According to Kate Hairopoulos, Cowboys TE Rico Gathers has reached a deal with the district attorney to plead guilty in exchange for a reduced charge.
- WR Randall Cobb‘s new deal has a base salary of $2 million, a signing bonus of $2 million and a total of $1 million in per-game active roster bonuses. (Todd Archer)
- According to Les Bowen, the signing of DE Vinny Curry could affect whether DE Chris Long decides to return to the team.
- Long is looking for a more secure role next season, and a crowded Eagles defensive end rotation could affect that.
- Jeff McLane believes the Eagles wouldn’t have signed Curry unless they thought Long, who was mulling retirement, was unlikely to return.
- The Eagles spent time with West Virginia TE Trevon Wesco at his pro day. (Mike Kaye)
- CB Ronald Darby‘s contract with the Eagles is set up for the final four years to void if he’s on the roster on the 23rd day of the 2020 league year. (Aaron Wilson)
- The deal has $4.5 million guaranteed, a $3.5 million signing bonus, base salaries of $1 million in 2019 and $15 million from 2020-2023, $125,000 per-game active roster bonuses in 2019 and a $2 million playoff and Pro Bowl incentive in 2019.
- The Eagles hosted Ole Miss WR A.J. Brown, Oklahoma OL Cody Ford and Arkansas OL Hjalte Froholdt on top-30 visits on Thursday. (Eliot Shorr-Parks)
- According to Jordan Raanan, the Giants reportedly offered DE Vinny Curry more than the $2.25 million deal he received from the Eagles. Curry, however, wanted to return to Philadelphia.
- West Virginia QB Will Grier had dinner before his pro day with the Redskins HC Jay Gruden. (Aditi Kinkhabwala)
- CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie‘s deal with the Redskins has a base salary of $1.03 million, a $45,000 bonus for being on the roster for the first game, and a $45,000 playing time incentive. (Aaron Wilson)