Injuries have been a consistent theme for Cowboys LB Sean Lee in his career. Lee is dealing with an injury again, though he says his current MCL sprain is minor compared to what he’s dealt with in the past.
“I know I’m progressing and feeling good about it,” Lee said via Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. “I’m sure I’ll be out here at some point pretty soon. It’s always frustrating, but I’ve gotten to the point to where I’m mature enough to look ahead and not let the frustration mess with my preparation.”
- Per Omar Ruiz, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is confident QB Dak Prescott, WR Amari Cooper and RB Ezekiel Elliott will all sign deals in Dallas: “It’ll happen, it’ll happen. There is literally no concern on my part at all for any time frame that it’ll happen. The results are too good for them and too good for the Cowboys.”
- Cooper continues to sit out practice as Jones says the team wants to be cautious with his heel injury: “There is just no need of pushing anything. Certainly, if it would have been against the Giants, Dr. Jones thinks he would’ve been out there playing.” (Jon Machota)
Recent Eagles free-agent addition S Johnathan Cyprien is set up to play a key role for the team this year despite being a late add. One of the few weaknesses on Philadelphia’s roster is depth at safety and Cyprien brings proven starting experience and flexibility.
“We are going to plug him in in a lot of different places,” Eagles DC Jim Schwartz said via Pro Football Talk. “We expect a lot from our safeties. We need multi-dimensional players; we think he is. We’ll just see where it takes us. . . . I think he fits well with us.”
- Per the Athletic’s Zach Berman, Eagles LB Kamu Grugier-Hill says he has a Grade 3 MCL sprain, but should be able to return this season without missing too much time: “A little banged-up, but it’ll be a quick one; I’ll be back. It’s hard to put a time frame on it right now, but it’ll definitely be early. Real early.”
- Grugier-Hill was projected to be a starter, and while he’s out the Eagles will rely on either Zach Brown, Nate Gerry or L.J. Fort at linebacker.
- Berman notes the Eagles could also utilize more three-safety sets, particularly with the addition of Cyprien.
- Per the Athletic’s Dan Duggan, Giants WR Golden Tate will travel to New York City on Tuesday for his appeal of a four-game suspension.
- Giants UDFA TE C.J. Conrad has cooled off after a strong spring, but still should be a practice squad candidate. (Matt Lombardo)
- Giants fifth-round WR Darius Slayton returned to practice for the first time since the start of camp. (Art Stapleton)
Redskins WR Josh Doctson says he’s still dealing with pain in his heel as he goes through camp. Doctson has had persistent Achilles issues throughout his college and pro career.
“You try to ask people to sympathize with us, but in reality it’s hard to do because nobody’s experienced it,” Doctson said via Les Carpenter of the Washington Post. “You can’t understand it. But we’re all human; we’re not superheroes. We might look like it, but everybody hurts. We bleed like everybody else bleeds, so everybody’s going through something, dealing with something. You just got to like understand it: We’re all human, man; we all feel pain.”