- Mike Fisher of 1053TheFan reports that Cowboys G Zack Martin‘s back injury is not a serious issue after undergoing an MRI and Dallas will “continue to take precautions” with his injury.
- According to Todd Archer, the Cowboys believe “rest and rehab” over the next few days should help clear up Martin’s back issue.
- Adam Schefter reports that the Cowboys are “encouraged” by Martin’s MRI results and will rush him back into practice.
- Martin said his MRI revealed “irritation to a disc” in his back and plans to take time off and rest. (Jon Machota)
- Machota writes that Martin may not practice over the next week.
- New Eagles S Johnathan Cyprien said he was medically cleared roughly nine months following his ACL injury and is happy to be practicing again. (Mike Kaye)
- Cyprien mentioned that he worked out for three other teams before signing with Philadelphia.
- Derrick Gunn of NBS Sports reports that Eagles CB Cre’Von LeBlanc sustained a Lisfranc sprain in training camp and are hopeful he returns by “mid-to-late” September, while there is also a possibility he’s out till November.
- Gunn points out that Eagles CB Jalen Mills suffered the same injury in 2018, which required season-ending surgery.
- Regarding the Eagles’ compensatory pick formula for the 2020 NFL Draft, Jimmy Kempski of PhillyVoice notes that Philadelphia could lose their projected fourth-round compensatory pick for Golden Tate if the 49ers cut WR Jordan Matthews by Week 10.
- Matthews’ seventh-round compensatory value is currently canceled out due to the Eagles signing S Andrew Sendejo this offseason.
- Kempski is skeptical that the Eagles would trade for Texans DE Jadeveon Clowney.
Redskins HC Jay Gruden told reporters on Saturday that he “seriously doubt[s]” they’ll end up trading away LT Trent Williams, who is holding out.
“I would seriously doubt that,” said Gruden, via John Keim of ESPN.
Gruden added he doesn’t have “any idea” on what it would take to have Williams end his holdout.
“I do not have any idea what it would take. If I did, he would be here,” said Gruden, via Keim.
Even so, Gruden is still “very optimistic” that Williams and the Redskins will be able to finalize an extension.
“No, I’m still optimistic. Very optimistic,” said Gruden, via Keim.