- According to NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport, Saints HC Sean Payton is not expected to be a candidate for the Cowboys head coaching job this offseason after receiving some back-channel interest from Dallas last year.
- Rapoport mentions former Panthers HC Ron Rivera, Oklahoma HC Lincoln Riley, Baylor HC Matt Rhule and former Ohio State HC Urban Meyer.
- Ian Rapoport reports that while Giants HC Pat Shurmur is likely to finish out the year in New York, but nothing beyond that is guaranteed or secure for him
- The Giants wanted to see a few wins down the stretch but that hasn’t happened and Shurmur’s status in 2020 is “very much in doubt.”
Redskins CB Josh Norman was asked about being benched the past few weeks and if he still believes he’s an elite corner.
“I don’t believe anything,” Norman said, via ESPN.com. “I am. When you are something you don’t believe it, you go out and do it. Sucks that I can’t prove it right now, but formalities and situations, you’ve got to play the cards you’re dealt. That’s what it is. I was dealt a hand right now and I’ve got to play it.”
Norman explained that he has declined to speak to reporters in recent weeks because he has wanted to “take the high road.”
“I don’t think I’ve spoken in a long time just because I want to be prepared and everything, but I’ve been built up strong,” Norman said. “This has made me stronger. I will rise again for it, because that’s who I am.”
- NBC Sports’ JP Finlay pointed out former Ohio State HC Urban Meyer is in attendance for the Redskins’ home game against the Eagles Sunday.
- Meyer has strong connections to Redskins rookie QB Dwayne Haskins and WR Terry McLaurin from their time together at Ohio State.
- Meyer was also seen speaking with Washington owner Dan Snyder. (Ross Tucker)