- According to NFL Media’s Jane Slater, former Cowboys WR Dez Bryant is working out at a facility near Dallas headquarters and not officially working out for the team.
- Bryant has texted Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones asking for a workout. Jones acknowledged he had received the text but no workout has been scheduled yet.
- Slater notes that last year the Cowboys brought up the question six times during team meetings of whether QB Dak Prescott was “their guy.”
- She adds, however, that new Cowboys HC Mike McCarthy believes he can make Prescott great.
- Pro Football Network’s Tony Pauline writes both Redskins HC Ron Rivera and owner Daniel Snyder are on the same page about drafting Ohio State DE Chase Young at No. 2 overall.
- Pauline adds a source told him Redskins LT Trent Williams will return to the team because of Rivera.
- The Athletic’s Ben Standig identifies Redskins LB Cole Holcomb as a potential breakout candidate after a strong rookie season.
- Redskins LB Ryan Kerrigan is much more likely to be extended than to be released, as he’s one of Snyder’s favorite players. (John Keim)
- Keim mentions one talent evaluator thinks the Redskins could get a third or fourth-round pick in exchange for CB Quinton Dunbar.
- Keim says Redskins OT Morgan Moses won’t be on the hot seat until 2021, when Washington will be able to save $7.75 million by moving on. For now, he’s safe.