Home Eagles NFC East Notes: Eagles, Giants, Redskins
- Eagles HC Doug Pederson announced Wednesday that QB Carson Wentz is dealing with back spasms and implied he could miss Sunday’s game against the Rams. (Reuben Frank)
- However, Ian Rapoport reports that Wentz is expected to miss Week 15’s game and it’s possible he may not return at all this season, depending on the outcome of Sunday’s game. (NFLTR)
- According to Pederson, Corey Clement’s knee injury will likely limit him during OTAs next year. (Zack Rosenblatt)
- Regarding the possibility of bringing back John DeFilippo, Pederson said won’t do so during the season. (Zack Rosenblatt)
- Giants HC Pat Shurmur said Wednesday that WR Odell Beckham (quad) is “getting better” and on an upward trend, but he will not practice Wednesday. (Jordan Raanan)
- Giants TE Rhett Ellison (ankle) is also not expected to practice on Wednesday.
- Shurmur mentioned that S Landon Collins underwent shoulder surgery and added that the procedure “it went well.” (Ryan Dunleavy)
- Matt Lombardo of NJ.com reports that the Giants will activate WR Cody Latimer from injured reserve for their Week 16 game against the Colts.
- Redskins HC Jay Gruden said they may promote one of the tight ends on their practice squad — J.P. Holtz or Matt Flanagan — but a move likely won’t happen until tomorrow. (John Keim)