- Bleacher Report’s Mike Freeman says the Eagles want Broncos CB Chris Harris “badly” and he’s one of the few “pseudo-locks” to get traded this week.
- Eagles WR DeSean Jackson will continue rehabbing and running but won’t return to practice this week, per HC Doug Pederson. (Jeff McLane)
- Eagles CB Avonte Maddox remains in the concussion protocol with a head and neck injury, according to Pederson, and likely won’t practice this week: “The symptoms are fine, the neck is the concern for us.” (Mike Kaye)
- Pederson mentioned the team would look into acquiring help on the defensive line, particularly defensive tackle, at the trade deadline. (Jimmy Kempski)
- Some options include Jets DL Leonard Williams, Bengals DT Geno Atkins, Broncos DL Derek Wolfe, Falcons DT Tyeler Davison and Buccaneers DT Beau Allen. (Kempski)
- Eagles DT Fletcher Cox was listed as out with an illness by the team on the injury report the day after he had to scare away a home intruder with a baseball bat using a shotgun. (Pro Football Talk)
“If I’m the Giants, I don’t do it unless they’re willing to overpay,” the executive said. “He’s really probably more of somewhere in that three, maybe even four range for me because of the money. You’re taking on two more years at almost $10 million (salary in each season). He’s not playing especially well, but in terms of a backup plan for the Giants, does a fourth-rounder really make that much of an impact and then you don’t you have a left tackle for your young quarterback? You’ve got to continue to develop your quarterback and part of that is being able to protect him. If Solder is struggling, then who’s behind him?
“You think about a three. I think it’s borderline irresponsible to do it for less than a two. But that’s going to be hard to draw because of the performance and because of the money.”
- Duggan also takes a look at some other potential trades candidates for the Giants to consider moving before the upcoming deadline including CB Janoris Jenkins, LB Alec Ogletree, TE Evan Engram, TE Rhett Ellison, and QB Eli Manning.
Albert Breer reports that the Giants have shopped CB Janoris Jenkins around some.
- The Giants hope to get recent free-agent signing LB Deone Bucannon up to speed in time to play this week. (Art Stapleton)
- If the Giants were to trade LT Nate Solder, it would leave behind dead cap hits of $8.8 million in 2019 and $13 million in 2020 while clearing $3.1 million of space this year and $6.5 million next season. (Spotrac)
- Giants RB Saquon Barkley was limited in practice, but Giants HC Pat Shurmur said it was just “game soreness” and Barkley is expected to play this week. (Dan Duggan)
- Shurmur said there’s a “strong possibility” that WR Sterling Shepard (concussion) will not play in Week 7. (ProFootballTalk)
However, Breer explains that the situation has gotten personal and Washington is likely to wait until after the season to trade him.
Teams that have contacted the Redskins about a deal for Williams have reportedly been met with a flat “no.”
- Breer mentions that Redskins CB Josh Norman‘s name has also come up as possibly being available.