Eagles GM Howie Roseman mentioned they notified QB Carson Wentz prior to drafting Hurts and reiterated their belief in him as their starting quarterback.
“For better or worse, we’re quarterback developers. We want to be a quarterback factory,” said Roseman, via Mike Garafolo.
On Monday, Eagles QBs coach Press Taylor said that he expects more teams to use multiple quarterbacks in offensive systems.
“I think at some point, one of the big things will be having multiple people on the field who can throw the ball,” Taylor said, via Eric Edholm of Yahoo Sports. “That’s something going forward … You’ve seen the ‘Philly Special,’ you’ve seen all different versions of double passes.”
Although Taylor said he wasn’t necessarily saying that the Eagles would use multiple quarterbacks in their system going forward, he called it a scheme that is “pushing the envelope.”
“I think at some point I can see something like that coming into play. I’m not necessarily saying that [the Eagles will be] doing anything like that. I just think that can be something that’s pushing the envelope.”
Taylor believes having multiple players who can throw on the field helps “threaten the defense in the most ways possible.”
“You get these guys coming out of college that were dual-threat quarterbacks who had to transition to receiver and different things like that,” Taylor said. “It’s just a way to get your best players onto the field and threaten the defense in the most ways possible.”
- NFL Media’s Mike Garafolo reports that the Eagles were “in the mix” to acquire WR Brandin Cooks before the Rams traded him to the Texans.
- Former Eagles OT Jason Peters said he has spoken to some teams in recent weeks and pitched the idea of starting while mentoring a younger prospect, similar to what he did with Eagles OT Andre Dillard last season. (Mike Garafolo)
- Eagles undrafted RB Michael Warren received $57,500 guaranteed, $7,500 in a signing bonus and $50,000 of his base salary. (Aaron Wilson)
- Eagles undrafted CB Grayland Arnold received $90,000 guaranteed, $15,000 in a signing bonus and $90,000 of his base salary. (Aaron Wilson)
- Eagles undrafted C Luke Juriga received $116,000 in total guarantees. (Mike Kaye)
- Eagles undrafted TE Noah Togiai received $100,000 guaranteed from Philadelphia. (Kaye)
- Per Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News, Giants GM Dave Gettleman said he didn’t have any updates on TE Evan Engram‘s health: “You know what? I haven’t seen him. None of us have been in the building for over a month. As far as I know, he’s doing fine. That’s all I know. Sorry.”
- Giants undrafted WR Derrick Dillon received $40,000 guaranteed, including a $15,000 signing bonus and $25,000 of his base salary. (Aaron Wilson)
- Mike Jones believes there is “no way” that former Redskins’ executive Bruce Allen would have traded Trent Williams to the 49ers given he was “determined” to prevent Kirk Cousins from reuniting with HC Kyle Shanahan.
- Redskins undrafted QB Steven Montez received $35,000 guaranteed, including a $10,000 signing bonus and $25,000 of his base salary. (Aaron Wilson)