- Ian Rapoport reports that the Eagles were in the mix to trade for WR Stefon Diggs before the Bills made the Vikings an offer they couldn’t refuse.
- Bo Wulf of The Athletic believes that the Eagles passing offense will struggle to be elite if WR Jalen Reagor isn’t good early in his career.
- According to Wulf, safety is a position to be watched for the Eagles, as Jalen Mills is transitioning to a new position, Will Parks will be learning a new defense, and K’Von Wallace is only a rookie.
- Wulf also doesn’t understand why the team would bring back RB LeSean McCoy when there are players such as RB Elijah Holyfield and RB Adrian Killins on the roster.
Zack Rosenblatt of NJ.com takes a look as the possibility of the Giants re-signing C Jon Halapio, who is still recovering from an ACL injury and became an unrestricted free agent when the team chose not to offer him a qualifying offer.
“We’ll see what happens with (Halapio) with his Achilles,” GM David Gettleman said after the draft. “We’ll see what kind of recovery he makes. We feel like we have three to four guys … Nick worked at center last year during practice and of course Shane’s never done it in a game and we’re going to cross-train him and see where it goes. We’ve got two centers in the building (Pulley and Halapio) that have played varsity snaps and have played winning football.”
For the Redskins, taking DE Chase Young was the easy call at No. 2 overall given he was arguably the best player in the entire draft. However, it does present a bit of a quandary for new Redskins DC Jack Del Rio, as Washington already had two solid starting pass rushers in Ryan Kerrigan and 2019 first-round pick Montez Sweat.
“You’re fired up for having all of these guys, but then they can’t all go on the field at the same time,” Del Rio said via NBC Sports’ Ethan Cadeaux. “So that is part of it, like being able to deal with that aspect of it, having guys understand, ‘Hey, you’re not going to play all the time.’ Or, ‘You’re not the starter.’”
- Per the Athletic’s Rhiannon Walker, Del Rio said the impact Young can have on the defense as an elite pass rusher could be huge: “He’s still just one player, but he’s one player that offenses have to deal with.”
- Del Rio said Redskins LB Reuben Foster has been learning the new scheme in virtual meetings but his place on the team will come down to receiving medical clearance following a severe knee injury around this time a year ago. (JP Finlay)