Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said they are actively negotiating an extension for QB Dak Prescott and are also discussing deals for “several” other players.
“We’re in the activity of negotiating his contract. We have several in that category. There’s nothing notable about where we are or aren’t. It’s business as usual,” said Jones, via Jon Machota.
- As for Cowboys DE DeMarcus Lawrence‘s contract, Jones said there was “good communication” but declined to share further details on his possible extension, per Machota.
- Regarding Cowboys DE Randy Gregory‘s recent suspension, Jones said it is “certainly not impossible” for Gregory to play in Week 1: “For all the obvious reasons, I don’t know, but it’s certainly not impossible. His status is his status. It is what it is, but we’re going to do everything we can to try to overcome this hurdle to get in position to have him help us and he wants to do that.” (Todd Archer
- According to Clarence Hill Jr., the Cowboys have met with the representation for QB Dak Prescott, WR Amari Cooper, and CB Byron Jones regarding contract extensions and are set to meet with DE DeMarcus Lawrence‘s agent tonight
- Hill adds that the Cowboys have yet to formally meet with RB Ezekiel Elliott‘s representation.
- Iowa TE T.J. Hockenson said he met with the Cowboys at the NFL Combine. (Jon Machota)
- Although Mike Garafolo reports that it is “possible” for Eagles’ RB Darren Sproles to continue playing, the running back is expected to “take his time” with his decision.
- ProFootballTalk reports that the Giants will not tender an offer to restricted free-agent CB Antonio Hamilton, making him an unrestricted free agent.
- The Giants had a formal interview with LSU TE Foster Moreau and could be a “Day 3 target” by New York. (Art Stapelton)
- Houston DL Ed Oliver said he met with the Giants at the NFL Combine. (Matt Lombardo)
- The Giants also met with LSU LB Devin White at the NFL Combine. (Art Stapleton)