Bears WR Anthony Miller left practice Saturday with an apparent right ankle/foot injury.
According to HC Matt Nagy, they currently do not have any specific details about Miller’s condition other than he felt that it wasn’t overly serious.
“I didn’t see it; I missed it,” Nagy said, via ESPN.com. “I’ll have to go back and watch it. They [the medical staff] said he rolled it or something. I think he rolled it. We’ll see. He’ll be alright. I hope so at least. We’ll see how tough he is.”
- Jeff Dickerson writes that Bears TE Trey Burton was “very limited” in Saturday’s practice due to a groin injury.
- Lions HC Matt Patricia said backup QB Tom Savage is in the league’s concussion protocol and OT Tyrell Crosby is still being evaluated for an undisclosed injury. (Dave Birkett)
- Patricia cited Lions’ newly signed QB Josh Johnson‘s experience with QBs coach Sean Ryan as one of the reasons they signed him to their roster. (Kyle Meinke)
- Lions signed QB Josh Johnson. (NFLTR)
- Lions activated DE Trey Flowers from the PUP list. (NFLTR)
- Lions placed WR Jermaine Kearse and DT Darius Kilgo on injured reserve.
- Lions signed RB Justin Stockton.
- Lions waived CB Tarvarus McFadden.
- With LB Oren Burks out with a pectoral injury, Curtis Bolton received the No. 1 reps at inside linebacker ahead of Ty Summers on Saturday. (Tom Silverstein)
- Regarding Burks, David Chao says he likely has a left pectoral tendon tear that will almost certainly cost him the 2019 season. Green Bay could place him on injured reserve and consider bringing him back later on in the season, but other factors will go into whether or not he would be activated at that point.
- Packers S/LB Josh Jones, RB Aaron Jones, CB Josh Jackson, C Corey Linsley, and OLB Preston Smith returned to practice on Saturday. (Rob Demovsky)
- New injuries for the Packers include FB Malcolm Johnson (groin), DL Kingsley Keke (quad contusion), FB Danny Vitale (calf) and CB Kabion Ento (hamstring). (Rob Demovsky)
- Packers waived WR Jawill Davis.