- The Athletic’s Kevin Fishbain and Dan Durkin highlight some bargain options the Bears could pursue in free agency with limited cap space, including Redskins QB Case Keenum, Eagles OL Halapoulivaati Vaitai, Giants LB Markus Golden and Bills CB Kevin Johnson.
- They also bring up the possibility of trading for Ravens TE Hayden Hurst, though it should be noted that according to reports out of Baltimore it would take a lot more than a 2021 fourth-round pick for the Ravens to part with Hurst.
- If Chicago wanted to dedicate its cap space to make one big splash, the Bears could probably afford one of Saints QB Teddy Bridgewater, Falcons TE Austin Hooper or Patriots G Joe Thuney, but it would severely handicap what else they’d be able to do.
- According to the Athletic’s Ben Standig, multiple sources have mentioned that Packers LB Blake Martinez is looking for a deal in the neighborhood of $10 million per year.
- The Packers had a formal Combine interview with Boise State OT Ezra Cleveland. (Justin M)
- Green Bay promoted offensive assistant Jason Vrable to WR coach, added passing game coordinator to QB coach Luke Getsy‘s title and officially hired former Miami OL coach Butch Barry as a senior offensive assistant. (Matt Schneidman)
- Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press, citing knowledge from an NFL source, does not expect the Vikings to bring back Giants’ free-agent RT Mike Remmers to Minnesota.
- Ben Goessling of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune expects Vikings DE Everson Griffen to test free agency and see what’s out there before potentially returning to Minnesota if he doesn’t find a hot market.
- Goessling mentions the Bills and Seahawks as potential teams Griffen would have a lot of familiarity with and who could also offer him a good chance at winning the Super Bowl.
- Vikings WR Stefon Diggs, who has been the subject of numerous trade rumors and drama, posted a video of himself working out in an Arizona Cardinals shirt. The Vikings have said there’s no reason to think Diggs won’t be on the team in 2020. (Jeremy Cluff)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!