- The Athletic’s Adam Jahns mentions that he’s heard Bears OL coach Juan Castillo didn’t get along with free-agent G Kelechi Osemele when they both were with the Ravens, though he doesn’t know if that precludes Chicago from signing Osemele.
- Jahns and Kevin Fishbain say if the Bears struggle again in 2021, including both QBs Nick Foles and Mitchell Trubisky proving they’re not the answer, everything is on the table as far as GM Ryan Pace and HC Matt Nagy‘s job status.
- LSU CB Kristian Fulton has spoken to or scheduled to meet with several teams including the Bears. (Justin Melo)
The Lions’ addition of QB Chase Daniel as a backup got the stamp of approval from starting quarterback Matthew Stafford. The two go way back as high school quarterbacks in the state of Texas together at the same time and have had a friendship for years.
“He was really a good high school player, and a good college player,” Stafford said via Mike O’Hara of the team’s official website. “He did a nice job of building a career in the NFL. We grew up not far from each other. He and I have known each other for a long time. Off and on throughout our NFL careers. I’d go up and talk to him whenever we played one of his teams. I’m happy to have him here. He’s a guy who’s been around some good offenses and some good offensive minds. I’m happy to have him on our team. He’s a good dude.”
- DetroitNews.com’s Justin Rogers says the Lions will likely draft a receiver in the first four rounds given that they don’t currently have any under contract beyond this season, though that is expected to change once WR Kenny Golladay signs an extension.
- Rogers adds it’s not out of the question the Lions trade WR Marvin Jones, though the veteran’s $6.5 million base salary won’t help his value.
- Rogers expects the Lions to progress more on an extension for Golladay during the summer.
- Per Channel 5 Eyewitness News’ Darren Wolfson, the Vikings inquired with CB Darryl Roberts but never made an offer before he signed with the Lions.
- Lousiana-Lafayette G Kevin Dotson had a video meeting with the Vikings. (Wolfson)