- 49ers GM John Lynch said they are “hopeful” that QB Jimmy Garoppolo (ankle) and TE George Kittle (foot) will be available by Week 17 once they are fully cleared and not at risk of aggravation. (Matt Maiocco)
- 49ers’ LT Trent Williams confirmed that he can’t be franchise tagged in 2021, but feels like he is a good fit in San Francisco: “I definitely feel I fit in here. This offense is tailor-made for guys like me and this team is built to compete for years to come.” (Cam Inman)
- 49ers WR Deebo Samuel (foot) is “good to go” for Week 14. (Nick Wagoner)
- 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan said they plan on keeping the roof closed at State Farm Stadium in order to keep “perfect conditions” for QB Nick Mullens and K Robbie Gould. (Matt Maiocco)
- OUT for Week 14: G Tom Compton (concussion), DT Kevin Givens (not injury related), C Hroniss Grasu (knee).
- DOUBTFUL for Week 14: DT D.J. Jones (ankle), CB Emmanuel Moseley (hamstring).
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 14: CB K’Waun Williams (ankle)
Cardinals QB Kyler Murray said his “shoulder is fine” after there was speculation that it was affecting his play and that defenses were forcing him to hand off the ball in option-plays.
“My shoulder is fine,” Murray said, via Bob McManaman of Arizona Republic. “As far as running the ball goes, it’s pretty obvious if you watch the game if they (opposing defenses) make me hand the ball off, I have no choice but to hand the ball off.”
Murray reiterated that he is handing off the ball because of defenses instead of his shoulder issue.
“I don’t know what you want me to do. You want me to pull it and run into a defensive? Like, I don’t know. They’re making me hand the ball so that’s what I have to do.”
Cardinals HC Kliff Kingsbury said he does not want to be over-dramatic about their 6-6 record so far this season.
“I’m not going to come in here and be a doomsdayer. That’s not who I am or what I want this place to be about,” said Kingsbury, via Darren Urban.
- Kingsbury said LB Isaiah Simmons (back) and WR DeAndre Hopkins (neck) are dealing with “soreness” but will be fine for Week 14. (Darren Urban)
- Kingsbury added that LB De’Vondre Campbell (ankle) will be a game-day decision.
- Kingsbury said he is “hopeful” that veteran WR Larry Fitzgerald (COVID-19) will play in Week 14 and they will see how Fitzgerald feels after a “few practices” this week. (Darren Urban)
- Kingsbury ruled out S Jalen Thompson (ankle) from Sunday’s game. (Urban)
- Keim said that veteran WR Larry Fitzgerald will play in Week 14 after being activated from the COVID-19 list. (Darren Urban)
- Jay Glazer reports that Rams’ T Andrew Whitworth will test out his knee injury on the field, three weeks after injuring it in a game against the Seahawks.
- Whitworth and the Rams are hoping he is able to return before the end of the season, or at least the playoffs. He is currently very far ahead of schedule in his recovery from the injury and testing it out could help the team see his progress relating to a possible early return.
- Seahawks’ QB Russell Wilson spoke about Seattle’s loss to Giants: “I think they played a better game than us last week. After watching the film, they just played a really good game, a really good game plan and did a pretty good job doing it.” (Curtis Crabtree)
- Wilson also mentioned RB Rashaad Penny who is finally returning to practice following his ACL injury last December: “He’s been electric out at practice. Just watching him run, he looks like Penny again. He’s physical, quick, catches the ball well, he picks up his protections. I’m excited for him. He’s worked really hard for this.” (Brady Henderson)