- 49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo (calf) was a participant in practice on Monday, while first-round QB Trey Lance (knee) was out. (Nick Wagoner)
- 49ers signed LB Mychal Kendricks. (NFLTR)
- 49ers designated RB JaMycal Hasty to return from injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- 49ers signed C Jon Halapio and RB Jacques Patrick to their practice squad. (NFLTR)
- 49ers released DB Jared Mayden from their practice squad.
Cardinals HC Kliff Kingsbury was unable to be with his team on the sidelines after he tested positive for Covid. Going against a tough opponent in the Browns, Arizona found a way not just to win without its head coach and offensive play-caller, but to win convincingly, 37-14.
“It was a tough week,” Cardinals DC Vance Joseph said, via the team’s website. “Kliff’s entire life, his entire lifestyle, is this team.”
Cardinals QB Kyler Murray says they used Kingsbury’s absence as an “opportunity” to go out and prove that they can overcome diversity and pick up a win on the road.
“I said after Friday’s practice, when we had the test, I said something to the quarterbacks and Cam (Turner), ‘It’s going to suck if somebody gets it,’ Murray said. “(And) Kliff and Cam got it. Once we got the news. It was more opportunity. It was kind of exciting, to go prove ourselves on the road against a great team. I think you could feel the energy before the game.”
- Per the Athletic’s Mike Sando, the Cardinals could continue to stay aggressive and go after cornerback help before the trade deadline. He identifies Broncos CB Kyle Fuller as a name to watch.
- CBS Sports analyst and former agent Joel Corry thinks Cardinals LT D.J. Humphries is the most logical restructure candidate to create the cap space necessary to process the trade for TE Zach Ertz.
- The Athletic’s Mike Sando writes the Seahawks are one of a number of teams that make sense in a potential trade for Dolphins CB Xavien Howard.
- Seahawks GM John Schneider said that RB Chris Carson had some inflammation in his neck, which is why the team decided to put him on injured reserve. “He’s got a little bit of inflammation going on and that’s not really anything you want to mess with ever. So we thought we’d give him the next couple weeks here and hopefully everything calms down.” (Bob Condotta)
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll mentioned G Damien Lewis sprained his AC joint. (Curtis Crabtree)
- On LB Darrell Taylor, Carroll said CT scans are negative, he is moving his extremities and the early results are positive despite the scary scene from Sunday night. (Brady Henderson)
- The Seahawks announced Taylor will fly home with the team. (Doug Kyed)
- Carroll added RB Rashaad Penny is “full speed, ready to roll” this week while RB Alex Collins‘ status for Week 7 will be determined later: “He’s not out of next week. We’ve got to see how he handles it.” (John Boyle)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!