- ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler and Dan Graziano note that the Bears’ 5-1 start has HC Matt Nagy and GM Ryan Pace on the way to buying themselves another year and another crack at solving the quarterback problem even with the busted pick of QB Mitchell Trubisky.
- The Green Bay Packers are bringing in K Josh Gable for a workout this week, according to Aaron Wilson.
- Packers signed LB James Burgess off of the Falcons’ practice squad. (NFLTR)
- Packers signed G Ben Braden to their practice squad. (NFLTR)
- ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler and Dan Graziano list Vikings assistant GM George Paton as one of the top general manager candidates available this offseason.
- They also add that while there’s no word from anyone reliable that HC Mike Zimmer‘s job is in danger, the team’s 1-5 start after having hopes of contending mean it can’t be ruled out even after he signed an extension this summer.
- The Athletic’s Chad Graff writes the seats are getting warmer for both Zimmer and GM Rick Spielman despite the extensions both signed this offseason.
- Graff notes that while Zimmer was reportedly asking for top-10 coaching money which would mean eating $7 million or more a year if the Vikings fired him, that won’t take that option off the table if Minnesota’s struggles continue.
- As far as the Vikings potentially trading off aging veterans to add draft picks, Graff points out that would hurt Zimmer and Spielman’s job security and thus is unlikely.
- Graff mentions the Vikings have told backup quarterbacks like Sean Mannion not to bother trying to challenge starting QB Kirk Cousins and instead focus on helping him with preparation and as an extra set of eyes on the sidelines.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!