- The Athletic’s Matt Schneidman says not to count out Packers RB Jamaal Williams, as he’s been more consistent as a receiver and pass protector than second-round RB AJ Dillon.
- Schneidman thinks Packers WRs Jake Kumerow and Equanimeous St. Brown take the final two roster spots ahead of Darius Shepherd, Reggie Begelton, Malik Taylor and Malik Turner.
- Schneidman highlights Tim Williams as the leader for the fourth and potentially final outside linebacker spot, with seventh-rounder Jonathan Garvin also a candidate.
- Before his injury, Packers fifth-round LB Kamal Martin was the team’s favorite to start next to Christian Kirksey, per Schneidman.
- LaFleur didn’t say if Packers OL Billy Turner‘s injury had effectively made the decision for the team at right tackle. He had been competing with Rick Wagner: “Like I’ve told you guys all along, were trying to find the best five, and we’re going to continue to work through that.” (Rob Demovsky)
- The Packers have still not been in contact with OT Jared Veldheer, who finished the year at right tackle for them last season. (Demovsky)
- NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport reports Vikings OT Riley Reiff‘s pay cut lowers his base salary from $11 million to $6 million, creating $5 million in cap space for Minnesota.
- Reiff can earn $2 million back in incentives if he hits 86 percent and 93.75 percent of the snaps in 2020, per NFL Media’s Mike Garafolo.
- Courtney Cronin of ESPN says the Vikings will likely look to add rookie QB Nate Stanley to the practice squad.
- Cronin says WR Olabisi Johnson has earned the No. 2 spot and WR Alexander Hollins had a strong enough camp to earn him a roster spot over WR Tajae Sharpe.
- As for rookie OL Ezra Cleveland, his slide down to third-string during camp means he is likely not ready to take over a starting spot on the offensive line.
- With the odds against them, rookie CB Harrison Hand and DL James Lynch could find themselves on the practice squad.
- Ben Goessling of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune says the Vikings and Jaguars discussed a sign-and-trade for DE Yannick Ngakoue where the Jaguars would pick up his bonus. However, all $12 million of Ngakoue’s deal will count against the Vikings.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!