Buccaneers QB Jameis Winston says everyone is excited about Bruce Arians being hired as their new head coach.
“Just like myself, we’re all excited to have B.A. and we know he’s going to bring a lot of great things to the team along with his coaching staff,” Winston said, via Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times. “But as players, we got to go out there and play our best football.
“We definitely have the pieces to win. You saw that when the two teams we beat [the Saints and Eagles] were playing each other in the playoffs [Sunday] night. We definitely got the pieces to win here and we will win.”
- Buccaneers HC Bruce Arians said he got a “C” on his physical for the team: “Man, they gave me this unbelievable physical. They said I got a C. That’s like the best news I’ve had in like 10 years. I got a C on the physical. Yeah, I mean, Cs were always great for me, you know what I mean? When you’ve been an F health-wise for 10 years, a C is great.” (JoeBucsFan)
- Rick Stroud reports that the Buccaneers have hired Antwaan Randle El as an offensive assistant and Cody Grimm as a defense/special teams assistant.
- According to Mike Klis, former Broncos assistant Rob Grosso is joining the Cardinals’ staff in an early-level coaching position.
- The Cardinals interviewed Jim Bob Cooter for their offensive coordinator job. (NFLTR)
- Mike Klis reports that Broncos DBs coach Greg Williams is drawing interest from the Lions.
- The Panthers hired Perry Fewell as their secondary coach. (NFLTR)
- The Bills hired Panthers assistant Heath Farwell as their new special teams coordinator. (NFLTR)