“I definitely enjoy the fact that they saw me as a quarterback and possibly playing another role,” he said via the Athletic’s Greg Auman. “Maybe not. Not quite sure yet. I’ve always been willing to do whatever I need to do. My pride isn’t too big to play a different position, to do whatever I can to be on the team and have a meaningful role.”
According to the Athletic’s Greg Auman, the Buccaneers gave the following guaranteed figures to their undrafted rookies:
- G Zack Bailey received a $22,500 signing bonus and a $22,500 guaranteed salary.
- QB Nick Fitzgerald received a $15,000 signing bonus and a $15,000 salary.
- WR Anthony Johnson received a $9,000 bonus.
- RB Bruce Anderson received a $7,500 bonus.
- C Nate Trewyn received a $5,000 bonus.
- CB Nate Allison received a $2,000 bonus.
Falcons QB Matt Ryan was happy with the team’s investment into the offensive line with its first two picks in the draft.
“He texted me, and actually, he just said, ‘Thanks, I appreciate that a lot, wow,’” GM Thomas Dimitroff said via ESPN’s Vaughn McClure. “Make no mistake about it: We knew what we needed to do this offseason and that was to continue to fortify that line and make sure that we were protecting Matt. And we weren’t going to run into what we ran into last year.”
Dimitroff said he’s remained in contact with DT Grady Jarrett‘s agent, but acknowledged Jarrett might play out the 2019 season on the franchise tag.
“I’m confident that something will get done one way or the other,” Dimitroff said via D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “If it doesn’t, we have a year to continue to talk about it.”
Dimitroff also said there’s no time frame on an extension for WR Julio Jones.
“I’m not concerned at all, but for the fact that … it is unbelievable where the numbers are going,” Dimitroff said. “And the reality of it is that you have to be very mindful of the market and the market is dictating where Julio will be and we know that.”
- Lions sixth-round rookie RB Ty Johnson is a candidate to return kicks for the Lions this year: “I just want to come in and (contribute),” Johnson said. “If it’s at kick return, that’s fine. If it’s at running back, it’s fine. I just want to come in and be one of the biggest contributors on the team and just play and win.” (Kyle Meinke)