- Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald is a similar situation as he was last year in regards to potentially retiring from the NFL.
- However, Rapoport says that Fitzgerald is in a much better situation this time around, considering that he’s in better health and playing at a high level.
- Rapoport adds that Fitzgerald is only 400 yards shy of Terrell Owens for No. 2 on the all-time receiving list, so there could be some additional incentive for him to return for the 2018 season.
- On Thursday, Fitzgerald told reporters that he has still yet to make any decision regarding his future: “I’m going to take some time. Figure it out. I’ll let you know, though.” (NFLTR)
- The Arizona Cardinals officially ruled out LB Josh Bynes (ankle), TE Troy Niklas (ankle), and G Earl Watford (ankle) for Week 16’s game against the Giants.
- The Cardinals also list S Antoine Bethea (knee), WR John Brown (toe), LB Karlos Dansby (knee), LB Gabe Martin (hamstring), DT Olsen Pierre (illness), WR Chad Williams (illness), and RB Kerwynn Williams (quadricep, ribs) all as questionable.
- Matt Miller of B/R spoke with three different sources the past few weeks who said that while many have assumed Packers director of football operations Eliot Wolf is a GM-in-waiting for Green Bay, Wolf is growing impatient and ready to branch out.
- Miller says that Wolf would immediately be a top general manager candidate if he were ready to leave Green Bay.
- Wolf’s name has come up in connection to the Giants’ GM vacancy, but no meeting has been scheduled at this point in time.
- Tom Pelissero mentions that if the Packers elect to move on from DC Dom Capers this offseason, a name to watch for their defensive coordinator position is current Bears DC Vic Fangio, whose contract is set to expire.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!