“He’s an absolute unique, in every way, pressure player. We want to maximize our relationship with him. …I’m a fan of his,” said Jones, via Michael Gehlken.
Eagles RT Lane Johnson said he had his ankle drained after another player fell on it in Week 9 but will be able to play in Sunday’s game against the Giants.
“It’s doing good now. I’ll be able to play and function,” Johnson said, via Tim McManus.
Eagles RB Miles Sanders mentioned that he feels back to normal after recovering from a knee injury.
“I feel good. I feel normal. I’m ready to get back and stack these wins up,” said Sanders, via Jeff McLane.
- Eagles HC Doug Pederson said they “have a plan” to get WR Alshon Jeffery (foot) involved in Week 10. (Eliot Shorr-Parks)
- Pederson added that they will not rush Jeffery back and must “be smart” with him going forward: “As a staff, we have to be smart if he’s ready to go. I don’t want to crush Alshon physically.” (Zach Berman)
- Eagles’ defensive assistant Jeremiah Washburn is still going through the league’s COVID-19 protocols and will be unavailable for Week 10. (Mike Garafolo)
- OUT for Week 10: CB Craig James (shoulder)
Giants WR Golden Tate spoke for the first time since being a healthy scratch for Week 9 and said his recent actioners were “unacceptable.”
“I was definitely disappointed, but there’s consequences for your actions. My actions were unacceptable and I apologize to the team, the coaches, the GM, the offense. I’m excited to move forward,” said Tate, via Ralph Vacchiano.
Tate added that he was not trying to force his way out of New York regarding the decision to voice displeasure about his role.
“No, I wouldn’t say I was trying to get traded. I love this organization to be honest. I love everything it stands for. And I want to do my part and help us any way I can,” said Tate, via Vacchiano.
Tate said that he still wants to play for the Giants and intends on honoring his contract, which runs through the 2022 season.
“I plan to honor my contract the best I possibly can. I love this organization, what it represents and the direction we’re headed. Hopefully I’m a part of it,” Tate said, via Vacchiano.
As for his wife’s post on Instagram that was very critical of the Giants’ handling of Tate, the receiver said he was unaware of her post until after it already drew attention.
“… I disagree with her taking it public, but I’ll always have her back. She was calling it as she saw it without talking to me. It’s unfortunate we drew, collectively, this type of attention to our organization,” said Tate, via Vacchiano.
Tate added that the Giants don’t have to worry about attitude issues or poor body language.
“From here on, you don’t have to worry about that ever again,” said Tate, via Vacchiano.
- Giants HC Joe Judge said WR Golden Tate (knee) has had a strong week of practice and is “optimistic” that the receiver will play in Week 10. Judge added that the Giants will continue to monitor Tate prior to deciding on his availability. (Jordan Raanan)
- Judge said he is looking forward to Giants G Will Hernandez playing in Week 10 after recently being activated from the COVID-19 list and plans on rotating all three guards in Sunday’s game. Judge also mentioned that intends on using a rotation of three offensive tackles. (Pat Leonard)
- OUT for Week 10: RB Devonta Freeman (ankle)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 10: WR Golden Tate (knee), CB Isaac Yiadom (calf)