- Tony Pauline said on the “Draft Insiders” podcast that the Jets would likely ask for Cowboys RT La’el Collins in a trade for S Jamal Adams.
- According to Pauline, the Jets may also want a draft pick to go along with Collins, but that could prove to be too much for the Cowboys.
- Pauline explains that Collins is under contract through 2024 and would help to solidify the Jets’ offensive line, which has been an area of emphasis for new GM Joe Douglas. Beyond that, some believe Collins’ contract will prove to be a bargain in the coming years.
- Mike Kaye of NJ.com takes a look at four Eagles’ player who could sign contract extensions in 2020.
- Kaye’s list includes DE Derek Barnett, P Cam Johnston, LB Nathan Gerry and LB Duke Riley.
- Barnett has his fifth-year option for the 2021 season, which is a clear sign the Eagles view him as part of their future. Kaye says signing Barnett to a new deal now, as it would allow Philadelphia to reduce his $10 million cap figure.
- Beyond that, Kaye mentions that Brandon Graham is potentially entering his final season in Philadelphia and the Eagles will need at least one veteran at defensive end in the next few years, which could help Barnett’s chances of getting a new deal.
“Man, why not four more years?” Peterson said. “Why not?”
“I don’t want to ever be in a position where I look back and say, ‘Man, I should have played two more years, I should of played another year.’ I want to enjoy it. I’m still chasing a championship. You know, I can still play the game at a high level.”