Lions HC Matt Patricia admitted that the league’s concussion protocol “makes it difficult” for RB D’Andre Swift to be ready for Week 11.
“It makes it difficult,” Patricia said, via Justin Rogers of the Detroit News. “We’ll see what the rest of today looks like and then, obviously, put all that (information) into play when we put our injury report out. But it is difficult.”
Patricia declined to comment on whether Swift sustained his concussion in a car accident after his issue was unexpectedly revealed on Thursday.
“Well, I think that’s definitely part of the unknown of how the brain and how concussions and how those things kinda appear,” Patricia said. “That’s why we take ’em really serious. … I mean, with that stuff, there’s such an unknown there. We just treat the symptoms when they come up.”
“We have great players in that position and confidence in all those guys,” Patricia said. “With Adrian, with Kerryon and (Jonathan Williams), we’re good. We’ll just keep rolling with those guys, too, if they’re out there. And if Swift is out there, great. I think that’s really just part of the mentality of making sure you have enough depth at the running back position that you feel comfortable with.”
- Lions HC Matt Patricia said they are “doing our diligence” with RB D’Andre Swift (concussion) but it is “pretty difficult” to see him playing in Week 11 due to the league’s protocols. (Dave Birkett)
- Lions’ veteran RB Adrian Peterson told coaches that they should’ve committed to Swift as their starter “two or three weeks ago.” (Justin Rogers)
- Jeremy Fowler of ESPN reports that Lions QB Matthew Stafford (thumb) is expected to start Sunday’s game after having no setbacks on his injury this week.
- The Detroit Lions are hosting LB Christian Sam for a visit this week, according to Aaron Wilson.
- OUT for Week 11: WR Danny Amendola (hip), WR Kenny Golladay (hip), RB D’Andre Swift (concussion)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 11: DE Austin Bryant (thigh), LB Jarrad Davis (knee), DE Da’Shawn Hand (groin), S Will Harris (groin), QB Matthew Stafford (right thumb), T Halapoulivaati Vaitai (foot)
- Demovsky mentions that Green Bay will almost certainly turn Bakhtiari’s $11.072 roster bonus due next March into a signing bonus, which will save them $8.304 million on next year’s cap.
- As for release candidate, Demovsky lists Preston Smith ($8M in cap savings/$12M if post-June 1), Dean Lowry ($3.3M /$4.8M), Rick Wagner ($4.25M), Christian Kirksey ($6M), Adrian Amos ($4.3M/$7.3M) and possibly even Mason Crosby ($2.5M/$3.5M as players to keep an eye on.
- The Packers could also restructure the contract of Za’Darius Smith and Aaron Rodgers for more cap room.
- Signing WR Davante Adams to an extension could also be a source of cap room for the Packers.
- Green Bay has a group of notable free agents upcoming that includes Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Corey Linsley, and Kevin King.
- Packers HC Matt LaFleur said WR Davante Adams (ankle) should be ready to play in Sunday’s game: “He’s made good progress. He should be good to go.” (Wes Hodkiewicz)
- As for Packers WR Allen Lazard (core) returning, LaFleur said he will likely be a game-time decision: “Hopefully he’ll be able to go, but I think it’ll be more something we’ll figure out on Sunday.” (Matt Schneidman)
- Packers RB Aaron Jones said he is confident he will eventually earn a contract extension if he continues to produce: “I just continue to do what I’m doing on the field and wait my turn. I know eventually it will come.” (Rob Demovsky)
- Packers tried out LB Cale Garrett. (Aaron Wilson)
- OUT for Week 11: RB Tyler Ervin (wrist, ribs)
- DOUBTFUL for Week 11: DE Montravius Adams (toe)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 11: CB Ka’dar Hollman (quadricep), WR Allen Lazard (core), S Will Redmond (shoulder), WR Darrius Shepherd (shoulder), WR Equanimeous St. Brown (knee)
- Vikings TE Kyle Rudolph said he is not concerned about his amount of targets and that he is comfortable with his role outside of the passing game: “I’ll do whatever it takes for us to be successful,” via Chris Tomasson.
- Tomasson notes that OL Brett Jones is expected to start at right guard with Ezra Cleveland (ankle) officially ruled out.
- The Vikings announced Friday that WRs coach Andrew Janocko “will be unable to attend the team’s game against Dallas on Sunday.”
- OUT for Week 11: RG Ezra Cleveland (ankle).
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 11: CB Cameron Dantzler (concussion), TE Irv Smith Jr. (groin).