- While DE Jadeveon Clowney has been hoping for elite pass rusher money, NFL Media’s Mike Garafolo reports Seattle’s offer to re-sign Clowney has been in the tier below that.
- ESPN’s Brady Henderson reports that Seahawks S Tedric Thompson had a market at last season’s trade deadline.
- However, Thompson’s shoulder surgery and raise to $2.133 million may have scuttled much of his potential market.
- Seahawks OL B.J. Finney‘s two-year, $8 million deal includes a $2 million signing bonus, base salaries of $2.5 million (guaranteed) and $3.075 million, up to $425,000 in per-game active roster bonuses, a $500,000 annual playing-time incentive and a $500,000 playing-time base escalator in 2021. (Aaron Wilson)
- Seattle would like to re-sign G Jordan Simmons despite declining to tender him as an exclusive rights free agent, as that wouldn’t have allowed them to do a split salary to account for injuries. (Henderson)
- Regarding the Vikings trading WR Stefon Diggs, Albert Breer of Sports Illustrated does not necessarily think Minnesota will select a receiver in the first round of the 2020 NFL Draft since there should be talent at the position available “well into” the third round.
- According to Andrew Krammer of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, the Vikings made an offer to CB Mackensie Alexander but he elected to take a one-year, $4 million deal with the Bengals.
- Vikings DT Michael Pierce‘s three-year, $27 million deal includes a $6 million signing bonus, base salaries of $3 million, $7.9 million and $8.9 million, and up to $500,000 in per-game roster bonuses in 2021-2022. (Aaron Wilson)
- Pierce’s 2020 base is guaranteed, while his 2021 base is guaranteed for injury at signing and fully guaranteed the third day of the 2021 league year. $1.1M of his 2022 base is guaranteed for injury at signing and becomes guaranteed for skill-cap on the third day of 2022.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!