- Greg Auman reports that the Buccaneers will host five prospects from the University of Florida at their Local Workout Day on April 12, including OT Martez Ivey, DE CeCe Jefferson, G Tyler Jordan, TE C’yontai Lewis, and G Fred Johnson.
- Auman confirmed that Tampa Bay will also host Auburn WR Ryan Davis, Alabama CB Saivion Smith, North Dakota State RB Bruce Anderson, Lehigh QB Brad Mayes, and Temple WR Ventell Bryant.
- The Buccaneers will also host five USF prospects including DE/OLB Titus Davis, S Kyle Gibson, OLB Pat Jasinski, OT Wyatt Miller, and CB Rashard Causey, per Auman.
- Tampa Bay will also host USF’s OLB Josh Black, CB Ronnie Hoggins, and CB Mazzi Wilkins. (Greg Auman)
“Grady’s tagging gives the ability to work on that over a longer period of time and I think there will be progress being made on that,” Blank said via NFL Media’s Herbie Teope. “With Julio, we’re in conversations now not only with him, but his agents now. So, I think there will be progress there. It’s always a matter of time, it’s give and take, it takes longer than everybody wants, including the franchise, including the players. But we’re making good progress I think on both.”
- According to Vaughn McClure, the Falcons sent scout Sae Woon Jo to Southern Utah to observe OL Marquez Tucker.
- Kennesaw State WR Justin Sumpter will work out at the Falcons’ local pro day on April 5. (Vaughn McClure)
New Panthers owner David Tepper was content with his team’s activity in free agency given Carolina’s salary constraints.
“It wasn’t splashy,” Tepper said via Max Henson of the team site. “But if you look what people rated it – why does anything I say make any difference versus what people on the outside are saying? People generally thought we had a solid free agency. I think we had a very solid free agency. There’s no other way to say it.”
- Tepper was impressed meeting LB Bruce Irvin, who will play a key role as the Panthers transition to more multiple fronts on defense this year: “Obviously, Irvin was a key to that. It makes a lot of sense in that scheme. I was in the building when he came. That’s the tallest linebacker I’ve ever seen, and I’ve seen a lot of good linebackers in my day down in Pittsburgh. I’ve never seen one with that length. I think there’s a respect for length as a pass rusher, and if that’s the scheme we’re going to do, he seems to fit into that scheme pretty well.”
- Tepper added the team isn’t done shopping this offseason: “We have to get another offensive lineman, another pass rusher, another safety, running back. Those are the obvious ones. Could there be a quarterback somewhere [in the draft]? It’s not impossible.”
- The Panthers recently hosted Florida State DE Brian Burns on a top-30 visit. Burns says the Panthers have probably shown the most interest in him so far. (Jonathan Jones)
- According to Josh Katzenstein, QB Teddy Bridgewater‘s deal includes a $1.25 million base salary and a $6 million signing bonus, all fully guaranteed.
- The Saints added two voidable years to spread out the signing bonus, meaning Bridgewater counts just $3.25 million against the 2019 cap.
- Per Josh Katzenstein, five other teams were in the mix for TE Jared Cook.
- The Saints met with Iowa State WR Hakeem Butler before his pro day. (James Palmer)