“Bottom line, to win football games, we’ve got to get Mike Evans the ball,” Winston said, via the Tampa Bay Times. “I think [it’s on] everybody, me, the coaches. I think everybody can help get him more involved, get him the football. We’ve just got to get him the ball. There’s nothing much else to say to it.”
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers officially ruled out G Zack Bailey (ankle, foot), G Alex Cappa (forearm), LB Jack Cichy (elbow), T Demar Dotson (hamstring), and WR Breshad Perriman (hamstring) for Week 6’s game and list LB Shaquil Barrett (oblique), S Mike Edwards (hamstring), and RB T.J. Logan (ankle) as questionable.
- Buccaneers promoted C Nate Trewyn to their active roster.
- Buccaneers placed G Zack Bailey on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- The Atlanta Falcons officially ruled out CB Desmond Trufant (toe), P Matt Wile (right quadricep), and CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson (groin) for Week 6’s game.
- Falcons signed P Kasey Redfern to their practice squad. (NFLTR)
- Falcons released P Sam Irwin-Hill from their practice squad.
- Panthers S Eric Reid said he’ll be good to go Sunday, but mentioned that he’ll be spending his free time in the trainer’s room getting his ankle ready. (Jourdan Rodrigue)
- The Carolina Panthers officially ruled out CB Natrell Jamerson (foot), T Greg Little (concussion), LB Christian Miller (ankle), QB Cam Newton (foot), and G Trai Turner (ankle) for Week 6’s game and list G Dennis Daley (groin), CB Donte Jackson (groin), TE Chris Manhertz (concussion), S Eric Reid (ankle), and LB Shaq Thompson (ankle) as questionable.
Saints HC Sean Payton says they weren’t worried about money affecting WR Michael Thomas‘ performance when they gave him a then-record five-year, $96.25 million contract that includes $60,598,043 guaranteed.
“He’s such a competitive player, he’s such a competitive practice player that,” Payton said, via Luke Johnson of the New Orleans Times-Picayune. “Look, you can never say the money’s not important. The money’s important, right? But I would say he’s one of those players that won’t be as affected by the money maybe as some others might be.
“He’s really a guy that wants to win, be successful, and he can be — to a fault sometimes. [He’s] his own worst critic.”
- The New Orleans Saints officially ruled out QB Drew Brees (right thumb), DE Trey Hendrickson (neck), and WR Tre’Quan Smith (ankle) for Week 6’s game and list RB Alvin Kamara (ankle) as questionable.