“Bottom line, to win football games, we’ve got to get Mike Evans the ball,” Winston said, via the Tampa Bay Times. “I think [it’s on] everybody, me, the coaches. I think everybody can help get him more involved, get him the football. We’ve just got to get him the ball. There’s nothing much else to say to it.”
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers officially ruled out G Zack Bailey (ankle, foot), G Alex Cappa (forearm), LB Jack Cichy (elbow), T Demar Dotson (hamstring), and WR Breshad Perriman (hamstring) for Week 6’s game and list LB Shaquil Barrett (oblique), S Mike Edwards (hamstring), and RB T.J. Logan (ankle) as questionable.
- Buccaneers promoted C Nate Trewyn to their active roster.
- Buccaneers placed G Zack Bailey on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- The Atlanta Falcons officially ruled out CB Desmond Trufant (toe), P Matt Wile (right quadricep), and CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson (groin) for Week 6’s game.
- Falcons signed P Kasey Redfern to their practice squad. (NFLTR)
- Falcons released P Sam Irwin-Hill from their practice squad.
- Panthers S Eric Reid said he’ll be good to go Sunday, but mentioned that he’ll be spending his free time in the trainer’s room getting his ankle ready. (Jourdan Rodrigue)
- The Carolina Panthers officially ruled out CB Natrell Jamerson (foot), T Greg Little (concussion), LB Christian Miller (ankle), QB Cam Newton (foot), and G Trai Turner (ankle) for Week 6’s game and list G Dennis Daley (groin), CB Donte Jackson (groin), TE Chris Manhertz (concussion), S Eric Reid (ankle), and LB Shaq Thompson (ankle) as questionable.
Saints HC Sean Payton says they weren’t worried about money affecting WR Michael Thomas‘ performance when they gave him a then-record five-year, $96.25 million contract that includes $60,598,043 guaranteed.
“He’s such a competitive player, he’s such a competitive practice player that,” Payton said, via Luke Johnson of the New Orleans Times-Picayune. “Look, you can never say the money’s not important. The money’s important, right? But I would say he’s one of those players that won’t be as affected by the money maybe as some others might be.
“He’s really a guy that wants to win, be successful, and he can be — to a fault sometimes. [He’s] his own worst critic.”