Falcons HC Dan Quinn said the team will know the status of QB Matt Ryan (ankle) by Saturday after testing him heavily on Friday.
“We will have a sense for what that looks like tomorrow. We pushed it really hard with him today to see how he responds overnight to go. But I think you have to push to find out. So that what we did today,” said Quinn, via Vaughn McClure of ESPN.
- Vaughn McClure expects the Falcons to promote QB Danny Etling from their practice squad to be Matt Schaub‘s backup in case Ryan is unable to go.
- The Falcons officially ruled out G James Carpenter (knee), RB Ito Smith (concussion, neck), and CB Desmond Trufant (toe) and list DT Grady Jarrett (abdomen) and QB Matt Ryan (ankle) as questionable.
- The Panthers have officially ruled out QB Cam Newton (foot) for Week 8, even though he will travel with the team. (Joe Person)
- The Panthers officially ruled out T Greg Little (concussion), LB Christian Miller (ankle), and QB Cam Newton (foot) for Week 8’s game.
- Saints HC Sean Payton declined to name their starting quarterback for Week 8 and said both Teddy Bridgewater and Taysom Hill “got a lot of work” this week in practice. (Katherine Terrell)
- Payton also mentioned that Saints’ veteran QB Drew Brees (thumb) was limited in Friday’s practice.
- The Saints officially ruled out TE Jared Cook (ankle), CB Patrick Robinson (hamstring), and WR Tre’Quan Smith (ankle) for Week 8’s game and list QB Drew Brees (right thumb), S J.T. Gray (ankle), and RB Alvin Kamara (ankle, knee) as questionable.