- 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan confirmed that Jimmy Garoppolo and Kwon Alexander won’t play in exhibitions as they return from ACL tears. (Cam Inman)
- Regarding the report that there’s been friction between him and Lynch, Shanahan said: “For anyone to question our relationship is the stupidest thing ever.” (Tim Kawakami)
- Tyler Dunne of Bleacher Report reports that some members of the 49ers’ scouting staff feel “marginalized” by the decisions being made and Shanahan’s influence on personnel.
- A former 49ers’ staffer tells Dunne that “to see your work not valued as highly is demoralizing.” The staffer added: “Voices are being heard, but they’re not the right voices.”
Cardinals QB Kyler Murray is confident that HC Kliff Kingsbury‘s “Air Raid” offensive scheme will work in the NFL.
“I don’t see why everybody thinks that it can’t be successful,” Murray said, via Josh Weinfuss of ESPN. “It’s just like any other offense. It’s an offense. We work at it, we practice it and it’s our job to execute it. If we don’t, then it won’t be successful but if we do, like I said, it works at the college level. I don’t see how it couldn’t work at the pro level. So, it’s our job to make you believe in that.”
Kingsbury added that they’re using similar terminology to what Murray used in college in order to help him transition to their offense.
“We wanted to make sure that he was comfortable,” Kingsbury said. “And if there were things that we could change, we adjusted those things. And if there are things that didn’t work, then then we call it what we call it.”
- Cardinals HC Kliff Kingsbury said of DL Robert Nkemdiche, who is on PUP recovering from ACL tear: “Not in shape, I guess. That’s kind of where we’ll leave it.” (Darren Urban)
- Kingsbury added that LB Brooks Reed (hip), who is on PUP, could be coming off soon. (Darren Urban)
- Rams HC Sean McVay said Friday that RB Todd Gurley will be “ready to go” at practice tomorrow. McVay added that there will be a specific plan for Gurley’s workload, but he and the team are looking forward to getting him back out there. (Myles Simmons)
- Rams WR Cooper Kupp is also expected to participate in workouts, but his workload will be carefully managed. (Gary Klein)
- Regarding an extension for QB Jared Goff, GM Les Snead said “it’s not a matter of if, but when.” (Omar Ruiz)