“The good news with a guy like Kwon is he has an ACL (and) those things get better,” Lynch said via Cam Inman. “He’s putting in the work. We had a physical that was very thorough and doctors came out feeling good about it.”
- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer says Ohio State DE Nick Bosa is a “lock” for the 49ers at No. 2 overall if he’s available.
- He also confirmed the team was interested in WR Odell Beckham and were “at the very least involved until the end.”
- 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan said the decision to sign RB Tevin Coleman is not a reflection of RB Jerick McKinnon‘s recovery from his ACL injury. (Matt Maiocco)
- Shanahan mentioned the 49ers didn’t think they’d have a chance to sign Coleman, but it worked out.
- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer believes the Cardinals will take Oklahoma QB Kyler Murray with the No. 1 pick.
- Breer also thinks QB Josh Rosen ends up with a team like the Chargers, Patriots, Packers, Steelers or Saints where he can develop behind an established starter.
- ESPN’s Brady Henderson confirms the Seahawks were never in the running to re-sign S Earl Thomas.
- Despite some reports, the Browns were also never in the conversation for Thomas. (Henderson)
- Gregg Bell reports the Seahawks agreement to re-sign LB Mychal Kendricks is contingent upon his sentencing hearing for insider trading.
- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer believes the Lions deal for DE Trey Flowers sets the floor for franchise-tagged Seahawks DE Frank Clark. Breer says Seattle will continue to try to sign Clark to a long-term deal.
- The Seahawks could potentially bring back DE Bruce Irvin, given the team’s need for pass rush help and their familiarity with him. (Henderson)