- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer says to keep an eye on the 49ers negotiations with first-round DE Nick Bosa. His older brother, Chargers DE Joey Bosa, famously held out well into training camp over a dispute over offset language.
- The 49ers have a track record of strict negotiations over offset language, and past first round picks like DE Solomon Thomas and OT Mike McGlinchey have signed their deals only days before training camp.
- The Athletic’s Matt Barrows expects 49ers RB Tevin Coleman to lead the team in carries in 2019.
- Barrows adds it’s unclear when RB Jerick McKinnon will make a full return to the field.
- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer writes the Cardinals are impressed with first-round QB Kyler Murray, with coaches calling him “legit” and “impressive all the way around.”
- Breer says Murray’s accuracy, instincts and command of the offense have stood out during spring practices.
Seahawks QB Russell Wilson was impressed by second-round WR D.K. Metcalf during spring OTA’s and minicamp. Metcalf fell to the end of the second round despite blowing up the NFL Combine and receiving some early buzz as a potential first-round pick.
“Everybody knows about his ability to run and everything else, and jump and catch and all that,” Wilson said via ESPN’s Brady Henderson. “You guys have been talking about that for months, but I think more than anything else, it’s his brain and how he processes information and how quickly he understands it. He’s really intelligent. He really understands the game really well. He takes coaching really well. He gets extra work. He’s a legit pro wide receiver. He’s everything that everybody was talking about in terms of what he’s capable of and more.”